The Student Room Group

Help!

Help! I’m panicking. I looked up something inappropriate I was on my school email at my house on my phone. It wasn’t connected to the schools WiFi. Can they still see that??? HELP!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
What do you mean you looked up something inappropriate on your school email? Do you mean you searched your email or inbox for something inappropriate, or you were logged in to your school email while you searched something up on Google?
Original post by Helpineedhelp
Help! I’m panicking. I looked up something inappropriate I was on my school email at my house on my phone. It wasn’t connected to the schools WiFi. Can they still see that??? HELP!!!

It depends. If you have a Google account providing your email, and you were logged in while searching then there's a good chance all your searches are logged. If you were just logged into your email account via a browser client or an app, but not logged into an account linked to said email, then no there is unlikely to be any logging. You mentioned that you were logged in on your phone, so I'm guessing you were only logged into the email account, rather than the entire account behind it. In this case, you're fine.

Either way, there's no reason to panic. What you search for in your own time is up to you. In the unlikely event this were flagged up at school, it's unlikely anything would actually happen over an isolated incident. People do far worse things, this really isn't something you should be concerned over. It's definitely not something to be worrying about and posting at 3am on TSR.
This depends on what exactly you were doing and what device it was on. It is likely that you're school has access to activity that occurs using their accounts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending