The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Official University of South Wales 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatWelshOwl
I'm Emma and I'm a mature student (35), I've surprised myself with how well I've done on my childcare course, so I've applied for 3 USW courses. The 1st (conditional acceptance received) was a USW Foundation degree in Youth and Social Care at Cardiff and Vale College, the 2nd is Youth and Community Work Inc Foundation Year and the 3rd is Education, Learning and Development Foundation degree through my current college, Coleg Y Cymoedd. Still waiting to hear back on the last 2. I didnt apply through UCAS as I dont have the grades, so USW advised me to apply direct. The wait is killing me for the last 2 now......fingers crossed.Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed xx
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by ThatWelshOwl
I'm Emma and I'm a mature student (35), I've surprised myself with how well I've done on my childcare course, so I've applied for 3 USW courses. The 1st (conditional acceptance received) was a USW Foundation degree in Youth and Social Care at Cardiff and Vale College, the 2nd is Youth and Community Work Inc Foundation Year and the 3rd is Education, Learning and Development Foundation degree through my current college, Coleg Y Cymoedd. Still waiting to hear back on the last 2. I didnt apply through UCAS as I dont have the grades, so USW advised me to apply direct. The wait is killing me for the last 2 now......fingers crossed.Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Hi @ThatWelshOwl (Emma), I hope the support I provided via email was useful. I have chased your application for you, you should receive a reply from USW shortly. Thanks for your post, please do get back in touch if I can help further Rebecca :smile:
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @ThatWelshOwl (Emma), I hope the support I provided via email was useful. I have chased your application for you, you should receive a reply from USW shortly. Thanks for your post, please do get back in touch if I can help further Rebecca :smile:

You have been brilliant, so helpful!
I've applied for Natural History aswell as Natural History and Media. I'm currently studying an Access to Biosciences course. I'm also a mature student and terrified about making a decision for September.
Original post by Auntie_Autie2019
I've applied for Natural History aswell as Natural History and Media. I'm currently studying an Access to Biosciences course. I'm also a mature student and terrified about making a decision for September.

Wow access to Biosciences sounds mind blowing, my fiance is on an access course now, it's a lot of work!! Good luck with your applications, I hope it all goes well!
Original post by Auntie_Autie2019

Hi @Auntie_Autie2019, it is great to hear that you have applied to study Natural History and Media with us, it is such a good course, a future David Attenborough! Have you received your invitation to attend an offer holding day in March - May? This would be a good opportunity to talk to your new friends and potential classmates coming onto the course. If you have any questions, please do let me know. Rebecca :smile:
Reply 26
Hi I'm Hin-Ching and I have applied to the MSc Computer Forensics programme.
After submitting my application on last Dec, still have not received any update yet....
Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by DASH__
Hi I'm Hin-Ching and I have applied to the MSc Computer Forensics programme.
After submitting my application on last Dec, still have not received any update yet....
Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Hi @DASH__ I have found your application, I will ask our admissions department to look into this for you, and will update you as soon as I can. Speak soon Rebecca :smile:
Reply 28
Hi @DASH__ I have found your application, I will ask our admissions department to look into this for you, and will update you as soon as I can. Speak soon Rebecca :smile:

Hi Rebecca, thank you for all the help! :biggrin:
Hi, I applied in January to USW for Adult Nursing but aside from an email about my fee status (I'm a UK citizen) I haven't even heard about an interview yet.. :-( is this normal?
Hi @Auntie_Autie2019, it is great to hear that you have applied to study Natural History and Media with us, it is such a good course, a future David Attenborough! Have you received your invitation to attend an offer holding day in March - May? This would be a good opportunity to talk to your new friends and potential classmates coming onto the course. If you have any questions, please do let me know. Rebecca :smile:

Hi Rebecca. I attended the virtual offer holder session last week but I would really like more information and feedback from mature students and also autistic students. It would definitely help me to decide. Thanks.
Original post by pontypain
Hi, I applied in January to USW for Adult Nursing but aside from an email about my fee status (I'm a UK citizen) I haven't even heard about an interview yet.. :-( is this normal?

Hi @pontypain, I like your name by the way! Can you DM me your UCAS number so I can check the status of your application please? We are still processing applications, so do not be too worried if you haven't heard back from us yet. No news is good news! Rebecca :smile:
Hi @pontypain, I like your name by the way! Can you DM me your UCAS number so I can check the status of your application please? We are still processing applications, so do not be too worried if you haven't heard back from us yet. No news is good news! Rebecca :smile:

Hi, i'll try now, I think I have to post two forum messages before I can DM, so this is my second!
Ah no I have to wait two more days before it's enabled, I'll DM you as soon as my profile allows, thanks!
Original post by pontypain
Hi, i'll try now, I think I have to post two forum messages before I can DM, so this is my second!

HI @pontypain or if you can email me [email protected] and I can check for you. Thanks :smile:
HI @pontypain or if you can email me [email protected] and I can check for you. Thanks :smile:

Thanks, be sheer coincidence I had an email yesterday inviting me to interview in 10 days so all sorted! Thank you for the help!
Hi @pontypain, excellent news. Let me know if you wanted me to go through a mock interview with you. Well done :smile: Rebecca
Hi @pontypain, excellent news. Let me know if you wanted me to go through a mock interview with you. Well done :smile: Rebecca

That's very kind, thank you Rebecca, I've got your email, I'll have a look at things this weekend and might email you next week if I think I need a practice! x
Original post by DASH__
Hi Rebecca, thank you for all the help! :biggrin:

Hi @DASH__ I'm just following up to make sure you have received a reply regarding your application? Thanks Rebecca :smile: Have a great weekend
Reply 39
Hi @DASH__ I'm just following up to make sure you have received a reply regarding your application? Thanks Rebecca :smile: Have a great weekend

Hi Rebecca,

Fortunately, I got my offer yesterday. Many thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending