The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University of South Wales 2022 Official Applicants Thread

Hi everyone

This is a thread for anyone who will be applying to join the #USWFamily in 2022 :smile:

On this thread you will be able to ask any questions you have about the university, courses, work placement opportunities, career progression, accommodation, student support or anything else university related! You will also have the opportunity to talk to some of our current students on here.

We are really interested to find out:

What course you are applying for?
Where else you are thinking of applying to?
How you are feeling about starting uni?

We will reply to all questions, so please ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of South Wales
Hi everyone

This is a thread for anyone who will be applying to join the #USWFamily in 2022 :smile:

On this thread you will be able to ask any questions you have about the university, courses, work placement opportunities, career progression, accommodation, student support or anything else university related! You will also have the opportunity to talk to some of our current students on here.

Hi
I'm an international student currently finishing A levels and I want to pursue the chiropractic full-time courses I will probably apply for sept 2022 intake..how can I apply and with which grades?and when is the deadline for sept 2022 intake?
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I'm an international student currently finishing A levels and I want to pursue the chiropractic full-time courses I will probably apply for sept 2022 intake..how can I apply and with which grades?and when is the deadline for sept 2022 intake?

Hi there, thank you for your message. International students will need to apply for the course directly to the university on this link https://www.southwales.ac.uk/apply/ Entry requirements are: ABB - BBC to include Biology and one other Science subject which must be either Chemistry, Psychology, Physical Education, Mathematics or Physics and to exclude General Studies. An IELTS (or equivalent) minimum average score of 6.0 is required for non-UK applicants. More details regarding the modules studied, career progression etc can be found here https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/master-of-chiropractic/. The deadline for courses will be up until roughly 20 September 2022 (depending on if we still have places on the course available). You can apply now! If I can help further please do let me know.

Rebecca
USW Official Rep
Hi there, thank you for your message. International students will need to apply for the course directly to the university on this link https://www.southwales.ac.uk/apply/ Entry requirements are: ABB - BBC to include Biology and one other Science subject which must be either Chemistry, Psychology, Physical Education, Mathematics or Physics and to exclude General Studies. An IELTS (or equivalent) minimum average score of 6.0 is required for non-UK applicants. More details regarding the modules studied, career progression etc can be found here https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/master-of-chiropractic/. The deadline for courses will be up until roughly 20 September 2022 (depending on if we still have places on the course available). You can apply now! If I can help further please do let me know.

Rebecca
USW Official Rep

Does a 6 in Edexcel IGCSE english language A count as equivalent to a 6.0 in IELTS?
Reply 4
Yo what's up!

I'm looking to study Strength & Conditioning next year and I'm also looking at Glos and Derby for the same course; considering St Marys, Twickenham. I'm also interested in Sports and Exercise Nutrition at either BCU or Leeds Beckett, but I can't decide tbh.

In terms of how I feel, I just wanna get outta London tbh; seeing the same faces and hearing about the same drama is tedious now.

Anyone else looking to do S&C, or is studying it atm???
Original post by rg972
Yo what's up!

I'm looking to study Strength & Conditioning next year and I'm also looking at Glos and Derby for the same course; considering St Marys, Twickenham. I'm also interested in Sports and Exercise Nutrition at either BCU or Leeds Beckett, but I can't decide tbh.

In terms of how I feel, I just wanna get outta London tbh; seeing the same faces and hearing about the same drama is tedious now.

Anyone else looking to do S&C, or is studying it atm???

Yo @rg972! I hope you are well. There are some student stories here on this link, https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/bsc-hons-strength-and-conditioning/. Our Twitter S&C account is @USW_SandC where you could directly ask questions, and talk to other S&C students. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Thanks

Rebecca
USW Official Rep
Does a 6 in Edexcel IGCSE english language A count as equivalent to a 6.0 in IELTS?

Hi, would it be possible for you to contact our international department directly with your query please? They can be contacted via this online form. https://myusw.southwales.ac.uk/contact-us

Many thanks
Rebecca, USW Official Rep
Reply 7
Hi everyone

Hi, I am looking at studying the Master of Chiropractic in 2022. I was just wondering how much support or help you get finding placements or if you have to seek them on your own?
Also how many contact hours do you get with tutors if you need feedback or support, as i have seen a few previous students didn’t get many?
Original post by prob1234
Hi, I am looking at studying the Master of Chiropractic in 2022. I was just wondering how much support or help you get finding placements or if you have to seek them on your own?
Also how many contact hours do you get with tutors if you need feedback or support, as i have seen a few previous students didn’t get many?

Hi @prob1234 most of the placements will be undertaken on campus at the Welsh Institute of Chiropractic Clinic. Year 4 is the clinic placement part of the course and usually lasts for 13 months. Students also have a one week placement at a local hospital which is organised by the university. I am not sure how many contact hours you would get with your tutors, but I do know all of our students are very well supported by both academic members of staff and our student support services.

We have an online open day on Saturday (or an on campus one in October and November, if you wanted to ask our lecturers these subject-specific questions, the link to book your place is here https://www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days/. Alternatively, the course leader can be contacted on [email protected]. I hope this helps, please let me know if I can help further.

Rebecca, USW Official Rep
Reply 9
Hi I’m looking to apply for the psychology undergrad course. I have already got my a levels which are an A in accounting and a B in Economics. I just wanted to ask about the entry requirements and whether you go by the profile of the typical 3 a-levels or are 2 fine as I have 88 UCAS points which falls into the range of 80-104 the course requires.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded question.
Hi there,I am an international student who has applied for USW Treforest campus for Civil Engineering Masters in Feb. 2022 intake. Can anyone guide me for following information.After going to the area will I be able to manage my accommodation facilities near to the campus at the same day and what will be the prices of student accommodation rooms? Do I need to pay for the whole year at once or can I pay it monthly basis. Also how will be the living costs in treforest area.
Hi,I am currently in year 13 and have already sent off my UCAS application. I applied for the 4 year Mchiropractic course, I wanted to ask how long roughly it takes for the application to be processed and updated on UCAS.
have just sent off my UCAS and got confirmation from USW. also applied to cardiff u, cardiff met, Plymouth, and Lincoln. Applying for law.
any adult nursing applicants for January 2022 intake and have you had any offers yet?
HI does anyone know the latest you can enrol to start Uni if your course is starting next week Monday. I was asked to do a right to study form and have it checked in person. But because i only got everything about my offer monday and yesterday. I live in England and it takes me between 6 to 7 hours travel to wales as i do not drive so i can not go up there untill im sorted for accommodation and i don't know anyone around. So my question is can i have this sorted induction week and enrol?
Hi everyone

Please I am an international student I applied for masters in public health to the university of South Wales around January 8 for September intake when should I be getting a response from them. Thank you
Reply 16
Hi, I've just gotten my offer and accepted it to study at USW doing foundation in psychology in September.

Im really excited to meet people
(edited 2 years ago)
Please when did you submit your application
Reply 18
Please when did you submit your application

25th of January at around 9pm if that helps, a different subject might have a different response time
Original post by Gnomieo
25th of January at around 9pm if that helps, a different subject might have a different response time

Ok thank you I applied 17 of January got my I’d 27 of January since then nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending