The Student Room Group

Medical University Sofia

Hi I am applying to Sofia for the 2021 intake.. has anyone also applied yet?

Scroll to see replies

I too applied. I have a question as well. How are you preparing for the entrance examinations?
Reply 2
Original post by Springtrees
I too applied. I have a question as well. How are you preparing for the entrance examinations?

I didn’t figure that out yet. But probably go through some chemistry and biology topics..
Original post by Ash1893
I didn’t figure that out yet. But probably go through some chemistry and biology topics..

I applied through ___, But I have little to no knowledge about majority of the topics. Should I study anything extra or will it be fine as is?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
I applied through sme, But I have little to no knowledge about majority of the topics. Should I study anything extra or will it be fine as is?

I honestly don’t know much yet as well... but I heard there is a ranking system..
Original post by Ash1893
I honestly don’t know much yet as well... but I heard there is a ranking system..

What kind of ranking system?
There is a ranking system based on your performance in the entrance exam and your grades at Alevel. Your agency should also give you a bank of questions and they syllabus of what to study, if they’re not then you’re better off choosing a different agency because imagine the ‘support’ you’ll receive when you actually get to medical school if they’re not supporting you right now. They should also be able to explain the style and format of the exam and what to expect but I’ll try to explain as much as possible here:
So you have an English exam and a bio and chem paper. Most will come from A level spec but you should do some outside reading as well around the syllabus for the exam. Each bio and chem paper will contain about 15 questions - 10multiple choice, 2 T/F questions, 2 matching questions and one fill in the blank type of question. Total duration of the exam is 2 hours. I hope that helps and goodluck!
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
There is a ranking system based on your performance in the entrance exam and your grades at Alevel. Your agency should also give you a bank of questions and they syllabus of what to study, if they’re not then you’re better off choosing a different agency because imagine the ‘support’ you’ll receive when you actually get to medical school if they’re not supporting you right now. They should also be able to explain the style and format of the exam and what to expect but I’ll try to explain as much as possible here:
So you have an English exam and a bio and chem paper. Most will come from A level spec but you should do some outside reading as well around the syllabus for the exam. Each bio and chem paper will contain about 15 questions - 10multiple choice, 2 T/F questions, 2 matching questions and one fill in the blank type of question. Total duration of the exam is 2 hours. I hope that helps and goodluck!

Thank you so much for the help. My agency informed me and gave me a bank of questions but I was a bit worried about whether I should study more.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
which agency do you recommend.
Reply 9

I also applied and I am also confused on how to prepare. I have only been given a set of multiple choice questions.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Bhutta01

Which one did you end up applying from?
Original post by Iramdo
I also applied and I am also confused on how to prepare. I have only been given a set of multiple choice questions.

Did you apply from an agency?
Yes study those, there are other questions as well like true and false etc... Usually they are in the same set of questions, at the end. Coz like you can't just cram knowledge unknowingly, so since you were given something to study, study those. We only have nothing to study English with, but I use read theory for practice.

im studying 1st year in bulgaria and i used sme i found them easy to use
Reply 14
Heyyyy.

Igeneration is a really good agency.
I used them, the guy is called Kris- if you get in touch with him and mention my name (Eram)
he will know who I am and he will help you a lot. He was there all the way thru when I applied, I’ve just enrolled into Sofi university through IGeneration.

He lives in Sofia aswell so he always made trips to the University for me to chase them up etc etc.

You can google the IGeneration Agency.
Hello,

I am thinking of applying to Sofia this year. I was wondering if someone could inform me about student life truthfully? I’ve heard some rumours from somewhere, that lectures/seminars run through 10 hours a day, sometimes from 8-6, and there is very little self time to relax, essentially. I was just wondering, if you could shed some light on this area. Would really appreciate it, thank you.
hi, I'm also applying to Sofia medical uni. I am not applying through any agency. Can someone please suggest any book or website where to find entrance exam preparation material. And how is English test like? Is it also mcq's based?
Original post by Excused
hi, I'm also applying to Sofia medical uni. I am not applying through any agency. Can someone please suggest any book or website where to find entrance exam preparation material. And how is English test like? Is it also mcq's based?

the uni website and call up the uni for help about entrance exams. Keep on top of it and keep calling admissions office X
Original post by KhloeLu
the uni website and call up the uni for help about entrance exams. Keep on top of it and keep calling admissions office X

Thanks🙂
I am going to take up my exam on April 26 for Charles university , how were the questions for physics . Was it tooo much calculations . Please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending