The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield accommodation

Hi everyone! I'm planning on to firm the university of Sheffield and I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations for budget-friendly and nice accommodations (preferably ensuites). Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone! I'm planning on to firm the university of Sheffield and I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations for budget-friendly and nice accommodations (preferably ensuites). Thanks.

Hiya, I’m also going to Sheffield as well. I went on an open day and all the accomodation looked alright although the best options were definitely are the endcliffe or Ranmoor campuses. They said nearly 80% of accomodation are en suites. Rent is 170 pw for en suite and more like 130/140 for shared. It’s like a student village and was very modern and the flats too were super nice.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!
My name is Sofia and I am a 3rd Year Biochemistry Student at the University of Sheffield. In my first year, I stayed in Froggatt in Endcliffe and my room had an ensuite. Quite a lot of the accommodation in blocks like Yarncliffe, Froggatt, Derwent etc. in Endcliffe seemed to have an ensuite. My room was nice and spacious and I would highly recommend it. You can find more about accommodation here: Accommodation at the University of Sheffield | Accommodation | The University of Sheffield
I hope this helped,
Sofia 🙂
I'm having trouble accessing the application for the accommodation through the website. Has anyone else had an issue with not being able to log in?
Reply 4
Original post by rosie_oop
I'm having trouble accessing the application for the accommodation through the website. Has anyone else had an issue with not being able to log in?

Is it your Muse account that’s not working ? Because the way I did it I logged into muse and then applied
Original post by Noor344
Is it your Muse account that’s not working ? Because the way I did it I logged into muse and then applied

I did, but when I clicked to start the application, it kept showing an error message. I've tried again today and it still shows the same thing
Reply 6
Original post by rosie_oop
I did, but when I clicked to start the application, it kept showing an error message. I've tried again today and it still shows the same thing

That’s weird . Definitely email or call them then . Maybe you’re not the only one going through this problem.
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi!
My name is Sofia and I am a 3rd Year Biochemistry Student at the University of Sheffield. In my first year, I stayed in Froggatt in Endcliffe and my room had an ensuite. Quite a lot of the accommodation in blocks like Yarncliffe, Froggatt, Derwent etc. in Endcliffe seemed to have an ensuite. My room was nice and spacious and I would highly recommend it. You can find more about accommodation here: Accommodation at the University of Sheffield | Accommodation | The University of Sheffield
I hope this helped,
Sofia 🙂

hi yes it did help thank you, when did you apply for the accommodation. As I’m been looking and only certain flats/apartments have been released.
Original post by Eloiseb._x
hi yes it did help thank you, when did you apply for the accommodation. As I’m been looking and only certain flats/apartments have been released.

Hi!
The accommodation is released in waves rather than all at once. So while it may look like there's not much left, there will still be a lot of blocks and flats that have not been released so there is still plenty left. If you check the accommodation application page regularly (every few days or so) then you'll get an idea of how they release it and what kind of areas still have spaces.
Is there any particular flat/block that you wanted to stay in? I'm happy to answer any questions.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending