The Student Room Group

Trigonometric Identities

The final A Level Maths Exam is coming up soon, and the one topic I have always struggled with is Trigonometric Identity Solving, since there is no set method. I have spent hours and hours revising and trying them, I must've done hundreds, but I still get stuck on each one I try. I know all the identities, and usually spend around ten minutes on each question before having to look at the solutions. Anyone else have this problem? And any methods to solve them?
Do you have an example of one? I could talk you through how I solve one if I have an example :smile:

Knowing and recognising when you should/could use identities is probably the biggest time saver
Original post by Steak___
The final A Level Maths Exam is coming up soon, and the one topic I have always struggled with is Trigonometric Identity Solving, since there is no set method. I have spent hours and hours revising and trying them, I must've done hundreds, but I still get stuck on each one I try. I know all the identities, and usually spend around ten minutes on each question before having to look at the solutions. Anyone else have this problem? And any methods to solve them?

Quick Reply

Latest