The Student Room Group
College motto
Royal Veterinary College
London

Official Royal Veterinary College 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Royal Veterinary College for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi everyone :smile:

I’m applying for Veterinary Medicine, and currently self studying my A level chemistry and biology as i didn’t meet the grade requirements last year for my offer!
College motto
Royal Veterinary College
London
Hi! So excited to be here 😁😁😁

I’ve applied for the Gateway course (6 year vet med) as my grades due to extenuating circumstances are not as great as they could have been for the 5 year course.

I’m currently on my 2nd and final year of studying Level 3 Animal Management at Shuttleworth College :smile: I have managed to complete waaaay more than 100 hours of experience at the college working with their animals so I am hoping this will help me get onto the gateway course.

RVC is definitely my first choice if I receive an offer because it is the oldest vet school in the world and I feel it is such a unique opportunity compared to other vet schools in the UK.

I have also applied for gateways for Bristol and Nottingham, but RVC is definitely where I want to study :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Royal Veterinary College for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Hello! im applying to the RVC's gateway course
im studying chemistry, biology, and english literature a levels :smile:
Reply 4
Has anyone heard back from RVC yet for an interview or anything?
Original post by KMGT33
Has anyone heard back from RVC yet for an interview or anything?

I have had my interview but won't hear about an outcome until February
When do they begin giving gateway interviews out?
Reply 7
Hello, I think they give interview around mid to early February

Original post by CNaylor2000
When do they begin giving gateway interviews out?
(edited 2 years ago)
has anyone had an gateway interview yet? :smile:
Reply 9
Hi I've applied for both vet nursing degrees and am studying biology, chemistry and photography at a-level. I was just wondering what the interviews are like if anyones had one?? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by studybug531
has anyone had an gateway interview yet? :smile:

No, but I think I am in the first batch for the RVC gateway interviews. Mine is on the 11th Feb. Do you have an interview at RVC for the gateway?
No, but I think I am in the first batch for the RVC gateway interviews. Mine is on the 11th Feb. Do you have an interview at RVC for the gateway?

nope not yet! good luck for your interview prep!! :smile:
Original post by ms000
Hi I've applied for both vet nursing degrees and am studying biology, chemistry and photography at a-level. I was just wondering what the interviews are like if anyones had one?? :smile:

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Chloec003
I have mine on the second of Feb at 4pm do you know if anyone has done it yet so i can get a feel if its hard or ok?

I've heard of someone else having one on the 2nd, so I'm guessing that's probably like the first batch of interviews or something? I've got one on the 14th, hope yours goes well :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Mine is on the 11th February too!
I don’t think you should be posting this on forums. It gives people unfair advantages. I advice you to delete it as university admissions so check, just a heads up :smile:

Good point, deleted it now
Original post by Abbeyiscool2001
Hi! So excited to be here 😁😁😁

I’ve applied for the Gateway course (6 year vet med) as my grades due to extenuating circumstances are not as great as they could have been for the 5 year course.

I’m currently on my 2nd and final year of studying Level 3 Animal Management at Shuttleworth College :smile: I have managed to complete waaaay more than 100 hours of experience at the college working with their animals so I am hoping this will help me get onto the gateway course.

RVC is definitely my first choice if I receive an offer because it is the oldest vet school in the world and I feel it is such a unique opportunity compared to other vet schools in the UK.

I have also applied for gateways for Bristol and Nottingham, but RVC is definitely where I want to study :biggrin:

How did your gateway interview go?
Reply 17
Hi! Has anyone heard back from any postgraduate courses at RVC?
Has anyone firmed RVC for veterinary nursing?
Reply 19
Has anyone firmed gateway vet med?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending