The Student Room Group

Should there be further lockdowns in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmIReallyHere
^ I mean I'm not saying public health is less important than education but it is extremely detrimental to many kids, whether it be not having the devices needed for work, teachers not expecting this... Year 13 students having never done exams up to now...

Last proper exam they did were year 6 SAT’s
Are you being serious? It's already been established (for a while...) that we will be living with it - same with Spanish Flu

No, I wasn’t being serious. I think lockdowns have been a complete disaster and they should not be used again.
Forgot to mention that more than 90% of students at my uni are vaccinated (including me) so I don’t see the point of closing schools.
Are you being serious? It's already been established (for a while...) that we will be living with it - same with Spanish Flu

I can say with confidence, that Yalia was joking.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Last proper exam they did were year 6 SAT’s

Some schools don't do SATs so some people haven't even been through them
No.
I feel like there are many other ways in order to prevent the spread of the new variant of covid such as making masks and social distancing mandatory. There are a lot of different way the government can do to reduces the spread of covid which they are not doing and is consequently leading to high numbers of cases alongside with the new variant. As a year 13 who hasnt done any exams and is really worried about what going to happen next, its really shocking how people now still go outside knowing the covid figures without wearing a mask plus Christmas is coming too, so that means there's going to be huge gatherings and busy shopping centres etc and this is what needs to be reduced in order to save others lives and a better future. And what makes it even worse is the thought process of certain people believing that the vaccine is the holy grail 'cure' to covid but it doesnt stop the spread by any means smh. A better idea would be to actually put restrictions in public and try to reduce the spread as much as possible, as well as send people home who've been in contact with a person who has contracted covid as they're likely to have the virus themselves. A whole new lockdown would be beneficial but it will be devasting many lives including people in year 12 or 13 and any one doing exams as not only we've not got much support due to the loss of lessons we've had but this is about our future not the Economy!!
haha sorry its long but i had to rant 😭😭
Absolutely not - if we keep doing this we’ll never get out of this toxic lockdown cycle
Original post by Anonymous
The only way we are gonna combat this new variant is to shut the schools and go into another full lockdown, anyone else agree?

Honestly at this point there no point in arguing because what we all say what we all think about this the government are in charge and they make all the rules and regulations well the government and scientists. Personally i don't think shutting schools would combat it well actually it may combat it and a lockdown is a temporary measure but the thing is how can we contain it for good. I don't like lockdowns i don't lile shutting schools. But again my opinion does not matter at the end of it all.
The only way we are gonna combat this new variant is to shut the schools and go into another full lockdown, anyone else agree?

New variant hasn't started spreading yet. You're a dummy pal.

thanks
Original post by tinyperson
thanks

If youre being sincere no worries

If you're being sarcastic. Sorry to be a doom bringer. I'm just not optimistic anymore.
There won’t be another lockdown.
Nah I doubt it, we ain't about that no more.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Son of the Sea
There won’t be another lockdown.

Are you sure about that? Boris was sure there wouldn't be a second lockdown. Well what happened there
Original post by PossiblyNotGod
Nah I doubt it we ain't about that no more

I wouldn't put anything past the government. I just want to be prepared because the last times i haven't been really prepared.
Are you sure about that? Boris was sure there wouldn't be a second lockdown. Well what happened there

Most people are doubly vaccinated now and the economy can’t afford another lockdown. It simply won’t happen, they’ll just make face masks mandatory everywhere.
One way or the other this thread is going to age like milk.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Most people are doubly vaccinated now and the economy can’t afford another lockdown. It simply won’t happen, they’ll just make face masks mandatory everywhere.

What they'll do in my opinion. Thry will Look what thr rest of Europe are doing and follow. Because the UK is so comparable to Europe 🙄🙄 I know the economy can't handle it. But I bet till march ish maybe earlier lile February we may be in lockdown.
Original post by ROTL94
One way or the other this thread is going to age like milk.

No it is going to mature like a fine wine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending