The Student Room Group

Should there be further lockdowns in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No it is going to mature like a fine wine

One of the points in this thread is, for sure.
Original post by ROTL94
One of the points in this thread is, for sure.

👍👍
Maybe.
I'm furious at the return of mandatory facial masks in shops.
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe.

I know. It's restricting our freedoms. There are 2 yes 2 cases of this variant. How the hell does 2 turn into 70 million 🙄🤔🤔
I don't think there'll be another lockdown, the world is trying to get back to normal.
Whatbis thr actual point of the government. Honestly I mean honestly. After todays announcement the Conservative government just do not exist anymore because the 'opposition' agree with what the government have announced so technically the Conservative party are just the Labour Party with a different name. The UK is heading for yet another lockdown. We have to obey to what the who are saying. I mean we have to learn to live with this thing. Although if we have 10/20 cases we will be in lockdown.

All my predictions. Just a quick one to say good luck to everyone during this tough period. Remember to reach out to people if we are in lockdown and remember during lockdown be with your loved ones. Enjoy the freedom and don't regret anything. I know its only a short time but during the last lockdowns I remember i had regrets so I'm just saying remember to not have any regrets. Sorry to be so dire but I am loosing faith in the world each day upon day.

Again my predictions and if no lockdown happens i will take this all back and i will change my outlook on life.

Peace to all.

please i need another lockdown for the soul
Original post by Son of the Sea
Most people are doubly vaccinated now and the economy can’t afford another lockdown. It simply won’t happen, they’ll just make face masks mandatory everywhere.

It will happen if hospitals become overwhelmed again. If the vaccine does not protect against the new variant, there is a high chance that will be the case, especially considering that flu season is coming.

If it happens, it happens. We'll deal with it.
Original post by Son of the Sea
There won’t be another lockdown.

Why do you think this?
I mean, we're in a better place than we were last November. I just my final year in College doesn't get cut off like Year 11 did (it was a relief back then)...
Original post by rosy_posy
I don't think there'll be another lockdown, the world is trying to get back to normal.

But look at Austria and Slovakia
Funny that the only ones advocating for another lockdown are anons. Maybe there should be a new lockdown, mainly one that focuses on the desist of crappy anon content.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm not ****ing advocating it dipshit I'm saying there will be one its pillocks like you who cause this **** in the first place. Read my words i don't want one Ffs ********

This post says enough to warrant my initial claim.
Goodbye.
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe.

I’d rather wear masks than be in lockdown with online uni.
I'm not ****ing advocating it dipshit I'm saying there will be one its pillocks like you who cause this **** in the first place. Read my words i don't want one Ffs ********

The classic “i have no good arguments left so I’ll insult you instead”
Original post by 0ptics
This post says enough to warrant my initial claim.
Goodbye.

It clearly doesn't if you actually read it with your eyes. Ciao
I work from home and study from a distance so for all I know we've been in lockdown since last year :dontknow:
Original post by hungrysalamander
I’d rather wear masks than be in lockdown with online uni.

The classic “i have no good arguments left so I’ll insult you instead”

No he was saying that I wanted a lockdown when I don't I really don't what am I supposed to be arguing exactly? I'm saying what will happen and that person said what I wanted when I said I don't want a lockdown. People who just read it for 2 seconds and make an assumption is unbelievable
Original post by artful_lounger
I work from home and study from a distance so for all I know we've been in lockdown since last year :dontknow:

Ooh dear I'm real sorry to hear about that
Ooh dear I'm real sorry to hear about that

Why? It's great. I don't have to commute anywhere which saves me money AND means I get to sleep in longer every morning.

Plus I can do all my work and lectures in joggers :tongue:
Maybe, maybe.
The vaccine prevents death *statistically minimizes it- doesn't entirely cut it out* and reduces the time we have COVID- it doesn't cut it out entirely.

I expect that if people act like idiots and don't properly wear masks, distance, and in general act properly, we'll end up hitting the same number of deaths as previously.

Cases I expect won't motivate the Gov't, but if we get back to 1k+ deaths a day again, then by all means, lockdown ahoy.

Tbf as someone who doesn't go out or socialize, I feel a pretty deep hatred for the lunatics going out meeting folk and spreading the virus around like candy- just stay at home, go buy groceries, wear a mask, and order your wares online for delivery, and take the free LFT's the Gov't distributes.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending