The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

LGBT getting money to go to uni

is this a good influence or a bad influence?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
where can i sign up? :cookie:
Original post by Joleee
where can i sign up? :cookie:

idk, its only in some
Tiktok an be utilised as a grievance gravy train.
What's the source for this? And who is providing the funding?
Original post by tazarooni89
What's the source for this? And who is providing the funding?

my friend from uni, apparently his uni gives money to lggbt freshers like a 1000 or 100 bonus, idk tho i go i'm not an uni yet but i did see this article sauin something about the lgbt but i didnt read it
Original post by Cancelled Alice
Tiktok an be utilised as a grievance gravy train.

lol
Original post by rlysmartybrain
my friend from uni, apparently his uni gives money to lggbt freshers like a 1000 or 100 bonus, idk tho i go i'm not an uni yet but i did see this article sauin something about the lgbt but i didnt read it

It seems a bit sus tbh because anyone can claim to be LGBT. How can they possibly verify who is and who isn't?
Original post by tazarooni89
It seems a bit sus tbh because anyone can claim to be LGBT. How can they possibly verify who is and who isn't?

yh, but I think it might be put on record that u are gay but then u could just go for the record saying ure no longer of what that sexuality is plus sexuality is a weird subject to grasp like people are thinking up of new genders a lot recently so its pretty dumb to do this so soon.

holy **** my spelling is atrocious

Which university does he go to?
Reply 11
Sounds like a tall tale to be honest.. not least in that this would be the most abusable programme ive ever heard of.
Transgender and non-binary can get a bursary from the University of Wales Trinity St Davids. https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/bursaries/undergraduate/
I think its shocking !
Reply 13
Original post by Sha-ney-ney
Transgender and non-binary can get a bursary from the University of Wales Trinity St Davids. https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/bursaries/undergraduate/
I think its shocking !

that bursary is not to help trans or non-binary people get into university. it's not a scholarship or a bonus of attending either which is what the thread title and the OP (now banned) are suggesting.

i'm gonna guess right now that you don't know anything about the terms and conditions of said bursary as the link does not provide them so how have you decided that you are 'shocked' by it? are you shocked by all the other bursaries available as well? if you read what we do know it's not a handout for all trans/non-binary people if that's how you've interpreted it.
Original post by Joleee
that bursary is not to help trans or non-binary people get into university. it's not a scholarship or a bonus of attending either which is what the thread title and the OP (now banned) are suggesting.

i'm gonna guess right now that you don't know anything about the terms and conditions of said bursary as the link does not provide them so how have you decided that you are 'shocked' by it? are you shocked by all the other bursaries available as well? if you read what we do know it's not a handout for all trans/non-binary people if that's how you've interpreted it.

I think it’s shocking that the same level of support is not offered directly to LGB students, imagine the level of outrage that could be generated by an LGB only bursary.
Original post by Joleee

I think more bursaries are required to actually oppressed groups in the UK for example, bursaries for minority and indigenous languages and cultures. Having the right to study in one's mother tongue is far more important. People should be able to learn and study at higher education in Welsh, Cornish, Max, Galic and the traveller languages over non-binary and transgender all over the UK.

There is a real cultural genocide of the Celtic people of the UK it's sickening, Celtic lives Don't matter but trans and trans ideologues do! The whole of the UK is all for inclusion longest you are not a celt! I'm glad to see that universities in Wales offer courses in Welsh which is a small step, but not enough Galic, Max or Cornish!

I bet the indigenous people of Canada and New Zealand get more respect than the Celts do from the intersectional/inclusive brigade. I guess it's because Celts are White!! the white Celtic genocide is real!

Latest

Trending

Trending