The Student Room Group

What's stopping people with nothing to lose to commit mass crimes

title. What's stopping them, if they plan on killing themselves afterwards
Original post by mathsaholic31

Ethics and morals. Why would they want to kill a bunch of people (many who might be innocent) just because they are going to kill them selves. I could never imagine myself wanting to kill anyone even if I was going to kill myself. The desires is just not there to ruin peoples lives just cause I’m not gonna be here for consequences
Reply 2

Because losing the will to live doesn't change your perspective on morality; most of us want to die with the belief that we're a good person, or that we made the right choices in life.
Actually the more we take away people's rights and freedoms and the more we drive people into poverty and depression (e.g. via catastrophic lockdowns) then yes the more people will just give up and will rail against the system and plan to go out with "a bang" aiming to cause as much collateral damage as possible in the process of suicide. Likely aiming at the people, groups or companies that they perceive are the cause of their misery. I think we will see more and more of this TBH.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Actually the more we take away people's rights and freedoms and the more we drive people into poverty and depression (e.g. via catastrophic lockdowns) then yes the more people will just give up and will rail against the system and plan to go out with "a bang" aiming to cause as much collateral damage as possible in the process of suicide. Likely aiming at the people, groups or companies that they perceive are the cause of their misery. I think we will see more and more of this TBH.

I know numerous people who have killed themselves and none of this has ever happened. A few individuals may do this or think like these but theses are normally individuals who have considered this before. No one I knew who killed themselves did anything. Same goes for the vast majority of people who kill themselves
not everyone wants to commit mass murder. even without a conscience or compassion involved, if you're not gaining anything from it, why bother? most people don't enjoy causing major death/violence
If they lose their life, they lose the chance to kill more people. The police have one job. When the person is dead, they don't need to do a whole lot.
Reply 7

Nothing. Thankfully most people are not prepared to kill themselves for some sort of cause they won't benefit from. As for really bad crimes like murder etc. Either people feel they will not be caught (professional criminal types) or don't even think about the consequences (psychopaths).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending