The Student Room Group

Why countries doing anything about North Korea

Why arent countries stopping or doing something about the situation in North Korea. Like why are North Korean left to be living in a prison-like country? If countries are doing stuff about human rights abuses in other countries why not North Korea
Reply 1
Aren't***
Why would they do anything, stuff happens in the news all the time. It’s popular for like a day and then everyone forgets.

If it doesn’t affect them why would they go out of their way to fix it?
What do you think they should do?
Original post by hungrysalamander
What do you think they should do?

That too!
It's not like the countries can do anything
Reply 6
That's true. So the North Koreans are going to continue to live in a prison and dictatorship forever i guess
Original post by Anonymous
That's true. So the North Koreans are going to continue to live in a prison and dictatorship forever i guess

Did you reply to yourself?
Reply 8
Original post by summerbirdreads
Did you reply to yourself?

yes
Utterly pointless.

We know so little about North Korea, if we were attack them what do they do? Do they utterly flatten Souel, send a couple of Nukes Toyko’s way? Or have some doomsday button that set god knows off? We just don’t know.

They are also a very useful buffer for China. Without DPRK china has US and SK troops on the border which they obviously don’t want.
Reply 10
Are countries committing human rights abuses being held to account? I don't think so.

N Korea has such stringent sanctions they have had to turn to state sanctioned criminality to fund the lavish lifestyles of the ruling class

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/w13xtvg9
Reply 11
They tried and failed.. why would we want to sacrifice thousands, if not millions, of people to remove Kimmy (who has plenty of WMDs) for little gain? Nevermind no one overly wants to see the Chinese hordes move South again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending