The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 2: 9EC0 02 - 6 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

defo demand and supply side policies
Original post by tasgrlt
Any predictions for the 25 markers ???
EconplusDal on youtube went through some hot topics that he thought would be in it if you check that out it may help.
That's what Econplusdal said:
- Economic growth (Pros and cons- GDP and GNI as a measure of growth and living standards)
- Macroeconomic policies (apply them aswell in themes fiscal policy in COVID (expansionary, contractionary), monetary policy (expansionary, interest rates, global and within UK, QE and contractionary should we go negative with interest rates), supply side policies (LRAS, international competitiveness, current account, regional growth, inequalities, sustainable growth, environmentally friendly)
- Free trade and protectionism’s (PROS and CONS post Brexit, pros and cons of protectionism (trade wards- under trump and China )
- Globalisation (slowing down, pros and cons)
- Financial markets (failure, and positive)
- Income inequality (causes and consequences on income and wealth)
What data is everyone learning? I am not really sure which bits to focus on
A lot is not listed on the information but I would imagine a lot of the questions will need knowledge from other areas
Reply 25
Original post by marghe.sacchi14
defo demand and supply side policies

Maybe globalisation as well
Maybe inequlity, as they did with supply of labour in paper 1
Original post by lehr07
Maybe globalisation as well
Not sure either maybe stats from a developed country (e.g. UK and their data as well as things such as impact of Brexit/what they did after the FC of 2008/their use of macro policies) and then stats/facts from a developing country such as China (e.g. their trade wars with the US, their growth, etc)
I'm not sure what else though, that's what I've been doing
Original post by rosieee_mae1234
What data is everyone learning? I am not really sure which bits to focus on
Reply 28
Original post by daeconstudent
Maybe inequlity, as they did with supply of labour in paper 1

theyve already did an inequality 25 marker tho
anyone have any essay prediciton questions
Reply 30
how are we supposed to evaluate financial market failure without mentioning financial market regulation? if that comes up as an essay question what are we supposed to do? I only ask bc the adv info doesn't highlight financial market regulation and the last paper we did pretty much stuck to the adv info (even when answering I didn't rlly stray much into answers that weren't in the advanced info) so I trust them to not do us dirty like that...
me too, good question
Original post by nessy7
how are we supposed to evaluate financial market failure without mentioning financial market regulation? if that comes up as an essay question what are we supposed to do? I only ask bc the adv info doesn't highlight financial market regulation and the last paper we did pretty much stuck to the adv info (even when answering I didn't rlly stray much into answers that weren't in the advanced info) so I trust them to not do us dirty like that...
Original post by nessy7

i have a feeling that things that can be used as EV's technically do not have to be in the advance info? esp bcuz for the last paper i used labour diagrams not in the adv info cuz everythings so interlinked
who else HATES financial markets? I would not be able to answer any essay question on them
Original post by anonymous1904
who else HATES financial markets? I would not be able to answer any essay question on them

You can speak about raising capital for I, providing incentive structures / secondary income, then you just evaluate with financial market failure
Original post by CuriousO
You can speak about raising capital for I, providing incentive structures / secondary income, then you just evaluate with financial market failure

whats primary and secondary income?
does anyone have any thoughts about how protectionism / trade will be tested if terms of trade balance of payments is excluded? does that just mean it will form part of the COR but not a main part of the essay
Original post by jxn2234
whats primary and secondary income?

An additional income stream
if there's a 25 marker on policies to reduce inequality, could u say that interventionist supply side policies could be used, or would that be too vague since their aim is to increase the productive potential not decrease inequality
(if not, does anyone know what policies could be used?)
Original post by lemono666
if there's a 25 marker on policies to reduce inequality, could u say that interventionist supply side policies could be used, or would that be too vague since their aim is to increase the productive potential not decrease inequality
(if not, does anyone know what policies could be used?)

Well yes! Defo interventionist supply side: increasing the national minimum wage, increasing T.U bargaining power, funding childcare facilities, supporting and subsiding infant fledgling industries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending