The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 2: 9EC0 02 - 6 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by windsuo
That's what Econplusdal said:
- Economic growth (Pros and cons- GDP and GNI as a measure of growth and living standards)
- Macroeconomic policies (apply them aswell in themes fiscal policy in COVID (expansionary, contractionary), monetary policy (expansionary, interest rates, global and within UK, QE and contractionary should we go negative with interest rates), supply side policies (LRAS, international competitiveness, current account, regional growth, inequalities, sustainable growth, environmentally friendly)
- Free trade and protectionism’s (PROS and CONS post Brexit, pros and cons of protectionism (trade wards- under trump and China )
- Globalisation (slowing down, pros and cons)
- Financial markets (failure, and positive)
- Income inequality (causes and consequences on income and wealth)

Anyone have any context for "Free trade and protectionism (PROS and CONS post Brexit, pros and cons of protectionism" (trade wards under trump and China)" ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Any predictions for a monetary policy essay question? Was thinking they might ask that as they haven't really before.
oh ok thanks!
Original post by marghe.sacchi14
Well yes! Defo interventionist supply side: increasing the national minimum wage, increasing T.U bargaining power, funding childcare facilities, supporting and subsiding infant fledgling industries
Good luck everyone!
Reply 44
You can include any relevant info for any question, the advanced info is just to highlight what the questions will focus on
If they had a question on protectionism or globalisation and said refer to a developing country of your choice can you talk about China ? Or should I talk about countries like Zambia ?
Original post by lilac_26
If they had a question on protectionism or globalisation and said refer to a developing country of your choice can you talk about China ? Or should I talk about countries like Zambia ?

i think avoid china since its the worlds biggest economy by ppp so it doesnt fit most characteristics of a developing country
Original post by jxn2234
i think avoid china since its the worlds biggest economy by ppp so it doesnt fit most characteristics of a developing country

Okk thank you
Original post by jxn2234

That's what I'm worried about but I'm still going to use China anyway, since it's not counted as a 'developed' country yet and my teacher said it was fine to use it (also have seen it been used in an exemplar answer). Getting information for developing countries is extremely hard even with resources online. It's not like geography where emerging countries are a thing, I think we can assume for our spec China is allowed for developing countries
Original post by PerpetualAgony
That's what I'm worried about but I'm still going to use China anyway, since it's not counted as a 'developed' country yet and my teacher said it was fine to use it (also have seen it been used in an exemplar answer). Getting information for developing countries is extremely hard even with resources online. It's not like geography where emerging countries are a thing, I think we can assume for our spec China is allowed for developing countries

If you have plenty of information about other developing countries good for you though, by all means go ahead and use it
How did everyone find the exam?
Original post by Mythical Pingu

not great :frown: which 25 marker did you do?
Original post by mollyyyjane_x

I didn't sit the exam! Just curious to hear how it went for everyone :smile:
Original post by mollyyyjane_x

Globalisation
Went very well. I loved the tax revenue question
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Good, better than I expected. Feeling annoyed about the 25 but it wasn't bad. The only bad question I think was the financial markets one I probably only got 3 marks there and the happiness one I probably only got 6 marks there.
Time pressure was an issue, felt rather rushed at the end
Good, better than I expected. Feeling annoyed about the 25 but it wasn't bad. The only bad question I think was the financial markets one I probably only got 3 marks there and the happiness one I probably only got 6 marks there.

What did you need for 4 marks. If put the role is to lend to businesses, then context and explaination of how it can make long term loans more accessible
Am i correct in the fact that the 10 marker was the exact same as the 2019 one, about happiness being related to rising incomes
(edited 1 year ago)

was happiness 8 or 10 marker? can't remember I think I also got around 5 or 6 for it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending