The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 2: 9EC0 02 - 6 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Yes the answer was asymmetric information because while asset bubbles may be a problem, they aren't caused by "minimal checks"
Original post by HoangK
Any thought of boundary for an A in paper 2?

I personally think it was harder than P1

The 25 markers are probably going to catch a lot of people out (including me) for not linking to the ‘global economy’ and hence not actually answering the question.

My guess is 64-67%
Well that was fn dreadful
Original post by User3858395
I personally think it was harder than P1

The 25 markers are probably going to catch a lot of people out (including me) for not linking to the ‘global economy’ and hence not actually answering the question.

My guess is 64-67%

I was incredibly cautious about the phrasing too. When I brought in an example I said this likely happens in other economies around the world
Original post by Abzdot
I was incredibly cautious about the phrasing too. When I brought in an example I said this likely happens in other economies around the world

Yes, exactly. I started talking about price initially and luckily realised that I was wrongly talking about the domestic economy. Still don't think that particular q went brilliantly though
That being said, I think the rest of the paper was quite nice
Original post by Abzdot

I literally said the pros of globalisations on individual govts and then just used the old ‘multiple govts will benefit from’ haha
Original post by r312789
Yes the answer was asymmetric information because while asset bubbles may be a problem, they aren't caused by "minimal checks"

Sorry what question is this I’m scared😭
for the 8 marker on income inequality being caused
my 2 points where lack on job orporunity as a resulut of high tranfport cost
and not many people not geting higher education so lack of skilled work force

but for eval i bsed and said the age op average pop in north is nroamlly older
what was yalls eval
Reply 89
Original post by r312789
Yes, exactly. I started talking about price initially and luckily realised that I was wrongly talking about the domestic economy. Still don't think that particular q went brilliantly though

bro, same here, i wrote price first and then I realise it’s not, then I did the increase global output but the increase in innovation I did not have time to write more than 5 sentences
Original post by lucy allen

It was a 1 mark multiple choice question in section A, dw haha
Original post by student1086

what was yalls eval

Govt is trying to fix unequal opportunities (used levelling up as an example)

Tax breaks and other incentives are still used to attract FDI and therefore bring job opportunities to northern areas
(edited 1 year ago)
what did people get as the multipler ans
Original post by r312789
Govt is trying to fix unequal opportunities (used levelling up as an example)

Tax breaks and other incentives are still used to attract FDI and therefore bring job opportunities to northern areas

those a good points
what did people get as the multipler ans

Can't remember the answer but it was just 1/(1-.064) x 20m (if that was the govt spending)
Original post by lucy allen

Multi choice😭
Original post by Abzdot

I did that too thank God
For the 8 marker on causes of inequality I put the level of social benefits and taxation as well as the R>G hypothesis!! Would I get any marks for that because idk if it causes inequality or changes levels of inequality!!?
Reply 98

what was yalls eval

same point, evaluation I said income inequality might because workers in poorer areas moving to better working places to develop their career even if more people get the skills training and education in the city.
Original post by r312789
Can't remember the answer but it was just 1/(1-.064) x 20m (if that was the govt spending)

howver it was a fall in £20bn in gov spending so the multplier wouldnt make it more? right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending