The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier 1CH0 2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cc00
8DBEC468-56CC-469B-B971-1373FCF9F93A.jpegThis was the answer to balance the octane complete combustion reaction

are you kidding i didn't know you could have 12.5 oxygen so i just didn't put it. lmao
Reply 21
Original post by alberw21
i multiplied all the numbers by 2 to get whole numbers -- will that be okay?

Idk not full marks tho
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cc00
Idk def not full marks tho

well my answer was balanced and the question said to balance it so... its logical that i get all the marks?
Reply 23
Original post by jodiswellcool
are you kidding i didn't know you could have 12.5 oxygen so i just didn't put it. lmao

Yeah u can write 12^1/2 its weird , u have to have had a good teacher
Original post by Cc00

yep i think a lot of exam success comes down to luck of having a good teacher and ofc the effort you put in at home
Reply 25
well my answer was balanced and the question said to balance it so... its logical that i get all the marks?

Probs

i did that too bc my teacher used to tell us its better for it not to be a decimal

i think it should be fine since its baalance

You will, theyre both balanced.

what did everyone say about why the apparatus would not be suitable for the question towards the end

i wrote because polystyrene cup is an insulator?
what question is this... i can't recall it
Original post by noora1233

what did everyone say about why the apparatus would not be suitable for the question towards the end

what did people put for
a) the mass of CO2 produced from calcium carbonate (to 3 sig fig)
b) what would happen to the apparatus after a few days (iron wool oxygen question)

Oh no did the question specify 3 sig fig? I put 2.2g will I get 1/2 for that do you think?
Original post by noora1233

I wrote that aswell, but I also wrote there was no stand for the cup to stand on because I wasn't sure if that was a valid point since it will help keep energy in aswell for more accurate temp measurement.
Original post by Strix4748
Oh no did the question specify 3 sig fig? I put 2.2g will I get 1/2 for that do you think?

i put 2.200 rather than 2.20 because all the other numbers in the question had 3 digits after the decimal point
Original post by Cc00

You're jokingggg 😭
I got 12.5 but didn't write it in and left the question, because I didn't know you could have decimals.
Original post by LittlexLilac
I wrote that aswell, but I also wrote there was no stand for the cup to stand on because I wasn't sure if that was a valid point since it will help keep energy in aswell for more accurate temp measurement.

I said that because polystyrene is a plastic it will melt is this right?

bruh what question is this

Yeah, definitely one mark, but i think the second was for 3sf.
Reply 37

I do not remember this Q do u do edexcel higher

Q10, second last page.

it was at the end about the alcohol core practical they were investigating how different alcohols raise the temperature of water in a polystyrene cup and it wanted you to give a problem with the apparatus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending