The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier 1CH0 2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier 1CH0 2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How is everyone feeling about the exam?
Reply 2
Original post by MayaVellichor
How is everyone feeling about the exam?

what have u revised so far, and what do u think is going to come up on the exam
Original post by png.m
what have u revised so far, and what do u think is going to come up on the exam

I am trying to revise everything, cause knowing edexcel they are going to do some "low tariff" 4 markers and a 6 marker on a breifly mentioned point on the spec.
I am going through every point on the specification
Hbu?
Reply 4
i ve got my exam tommorow for combined chemistry how manymarks would you need on both paper to get an overall A
Reply 5
Original post by msr_7
pl i ve got my exam tommorow, {hope i do well} for combined chemistry how many marks would you need to obtain on both papers to get an overall A anyone know?

I am trying to revise everything, cause knowing edexcel they are going to do some "low tariff" 4 markers and a 6 marker on a breifly mentioned point on the spec.
Hbu?

how many marks out of both 70 on each would u need for A
Reply 6
im going through the advance info and some extra other bits, but good luck for tomarrow

Hbu?
Hbu?

Unsurprisingly this didn't age well... The whole last section was low tariff stuff that I wasn't taught in school
How did you find it?
what did people put for
a) the mass of CO2 produced from calcium carbonate (to 3 sig fig)
b) what would happen to the apparatus after a few days (iron wool oxygen question)
Reply 10
I forgot the first one but the secnd one was that the volume of water increases in the test tube as the wool is oxidised . I THINK
Original post by Cc00
I forgot the first one but the secnd one was that the volume of water increases in the test tube as the wool is oxidised . I THINK

Yeh, i also put iron wool rusts as it is oxidised and reacts with water and oxygen to form hydrated iron oxide. For the vol of CO2 to 3 sig fig i put 2.20 i think
Reply 12
Original post by FerreroRocher06
Yeh, i also put iron wool rusts as it is oxidised and reacts with water and oxygen to form hydrated iron oxide. For the vol of CO2 to 3 sig fig i put 2.20 i think

I remember i got 2.20 also something like that
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
8DBEC468-56CC-469B-B971-1373FCF9F93A.jpegThis was the answer to balance the octane complete combustion reaction
Original post by alberw21
what did people put for
a) the mass of CO2 produced from calcium carbonate (to 3 sig fig)
b) what would happen to the apparatus after a few days (iron wool oxygen question)

the water level would rise as there is a reduction in volume as iron reacts with oxygen
anyone else put burrette for question 2 replacing cylinder
Original post by noora1233
anyone else put burrette for question 2 replacing cylinder

I put gas syringe
Original post by noora1233
the water level would rise as there is a reduction in volume as iron reacts with oxygen

ok cool i wrote something similar - the volume of gas decreases/ oxygen is removed
Original post by Cc00
8DBEC468-56CC-469B-B971-1373FCF9F93A.jpegThis was the answer to balance the octane complete combustion reaction

i multiplied all the numbers by 2 to get whole numbers -- will that be okay?
what did everyone say about why the apparatus would not be suitable for the question towards the end

i wrote because polystyrene cup is an insulator?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending