The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 2 (1EN0 02) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 2 exam go today?

Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 2 (1EN0 02) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Mon 12 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 05m

Reply 1
Does anyone know the timing for this paper and any predictions for Transactional writing ?
Reply 2
Original post by user696688
Does anyone know the timing for this paper and any predictions for Transactional writing ?
it's 2h 5m and i haven't seen anyone predict for transactional writing
Hey, how did did everyone find that paper? :smile:

GCSE English Language

Reply 4
Original post by Pwca

GCSE English Language

first extract was okay, good 15 marker, but the second extract was just awful it was all dialogue and the 15 marker was how they present ‘the importance of planning’ i literally could not thing of anything, transactional was good
Original post by ikub672
first extract was okay, good 15 marker, but the second extract was just awful it was all dialogue and the 15 marker was how they present ‘the importance of planning’ i literally could not thing of anything, transactional was good

i wrote absolute rubbish for the 14 marker there were barley and language and structure techniques not one list
Reply 6
Original post by Pwca

GCSE English Language

I was genuinely at such a loss for what to write for those questions, especially the evaluate question on planning??? The waffle was intense with this one. There was barely anything substantial I felt I could write about, it was just people talking about drawing and hiding rafts? I'm hoping transactional will save me but due to how much time was spent on the horrid extract questions my piece felt very rushed. I'll just have to hope for the best for now.
Reply 7
Original post by ikub672

the importance of planning when i was writing it it felt like pure waffle even i couldnt understand what i was trying to say-
at least transactional was okay tho
Reply 8
Original post by Limone
the importance of planning when i was writing it it felt like pure waffle even i couldnt understand what i was trying to say-
at least transactional was okay tho

what was the transactional question again, do you remember?
Reply 9
Original post by learneren
what was the transactional question again, do you remember?

Hey did u find out what it was
Original post by LunafromMLP
it's 2h 5m and i haven't seen anyone predict for transactional writing

Hello what was the transactional writing
Original post by Jannat1235

Do you know what it is?
Original post by Jannat1235

do you know what it is?
Original post by ikub672

do you remember what these extracts were by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending