Original post by LittlexLilac
Q10, second last page.

is this higher or foundation wtf i dont remember a polystyrene cup questions
Original post by Cc00
I do not remember this Q do u do edexcel higher

yeah, it was the triple Edexcel paper higher
Reply 42
Original post by Strix4748
it was at the end about the alcohol core practical they were investigating how different alcohols raise the temperature of water in a polystyrene cup and it wanted you to give a problem with the apparatus

This wasnt higher combined
Original post by Cc00
I do not remember this Q do u do edexcel higher?

It was on the Triple, Edexcel Higher paper. Question 10 at the bottom of the second last page.
Original post by Cc00
This wasnt higher combined

ok i can chill now -- i do combined
Reply 45
What was the bond energy calc answer
Original post by Cc00
What was the bond energy calc answer

for combined it was like -530 kJ i think -- i could be wrong
Original post by alberw21

I got that in triple aswell.

I got somet like that, what did people put for how the flame test step 3 could be improved
I got somet like that, what did people put for how the flame test step 3 could be improved

Put it in the hottest blue part of the flame?
Put it in the hottest blue part of the flame?

yeah I said the top of the blue cone on a roaring flame cuz they said they held it above the flame
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you guys write for both the six makers? Was it like ammonia gas or something because it turned the litmus paper blue? And an ionic compound because it didn't conduct as a solid.

Also, was I the only one struggling to write much about the catalyst 6 marker because there wasn't much to say, expect that it reduced activation energy, more surface area so more collisions hence speeds up reaction rate?
What did you guys write for both the six makers? Was it like ammonia gas or something because it turned the litmus paper blue? And an ionic compound because it didn't conduct as a solid.

Also, was I the only one struggling to write much about the catalyst 6 marker because there wasn't much to say, expect that it reduced activation energy, more surface area so more collisions hence speeds up reaction rate?

wasn't substance V ammonium bromide?

I thought so too, but wasn't sure if that would work with my answer because I wrote it's an ionic compound, so I didn't write what I thought it was. Ammonia isn't a metal is it?

Ah crap, it makes sense why there was a high melting point then. It's a covalent bond. Yeah you're right.

Would I get any marks for mentioning it's an ionic substance then? Because apparently it's not, but aren't ionic impounds the ones that don't conduct as solid but do as liquids or in solution?
(edited 1 year ago)
Ah crap, it makes sense why there was a high boiling point then. It's a covalent bond. Yeah you're right.

Would I get any marks for mentioning it's an ionic substance then? Because apparently it's not, but aren't ionic impounds the ones that don't conduct as solid but do as liquids or in solution?

ammonium bromide is ionic isn't it? atleast that's what I put because if it were covalent it would conduct electricity at all, which did in solution
(edited 1 year ago)
i multiplied all the numbers by 2 to get whole numbers -- will that be okay?

yep that is okay I did the same
ammonium bromide is ionic isn't it? atleast that's what I put because if it were covalent it would conduct electricity at all, which did in solution

yeah its ionic because theres positively charged and negatively charged ions and exactly it conducts electricity
Original post by noora1233
yeah its ionic because theres positively charged and negatively charged ions and exactly it conducts electricity

ammonia is covalent but ammonium ions are ions so it forms an ionic compound
I got that in triple aswell.

I didn't get that :frown: oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending