The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier 1CH0 2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alberw21
well my answer was balanced and the question said to balance it so... its logical that i get all the marks?

don't worry I put that, ours is technically more correct
Reply 61
Original post by LittlexLilac
What did you guys write for both the six makers? Was it like ammonia gas or something because it turned the litmus paper blue? And an ionic compound because it didn't conduct as a solid.

Also, was I the only one struggling to write much about the catalyst 6 marker because there wasn't much to say, expect that it reduced activation energy, more surface area so more collisions hence speeds up reaction rate?

For the catalyst 6 marker, i talked about enzymes as they're biological catalysts, and iron used in haber process
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by j_07
For the catalyst 6 marker, i talked about enzymes as they're biological catalysts, and iron used in haber process

that's what did, i talked about the enzymes in yeast that are used for ethanol production
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi all
what score you would give to this paper out of 10 being very difficult and score of 1 being very easy.
what did everyone get for the phosphorus and oxygen one? I got P4O10 if I can remember right
Reply 65
Very acessible, 10/10 would sit again
Reply 66
Original post by TJdhdhrb
what did everyone get for the phosphorus and oxygen one? I got P4O10 if I can remember right

Thats correct
Was butene an answer for any question?
Also, there was this tick box question that told you to choose which one of the four was part of the same homologous series as an example, does anyone remember their answer to that, because that question just threw me off for some reason and I just guessed.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by LittlexLilac
Was butene an answer for any question?
Also, there was this tick box question that told you to choose which one of the four was part of the same homologous series as an example, does anyone remember their answer to that, because that question just threw me off for some reason and I just guessed.

the answer was as you go along more viscous
yeah I got butene for the wuestuon about the dehydration

I did P4(O2)5
Is this still correct?
Original post by j_07

i talked about catalysts in catalytic convertors in car exhausts, enzymes, and aluminium oxide in cracking

which alcohol was dehydrated?
I think I lost almost all of the marks on Carboxylic acid and alcohols because I was never taught it... I think it was at least 12 marks, which is 12% of the paper...
I am a little sad about it, but what's the use crying over low tariff stuff
Original post by alberw21
what did people put for
a) the mass of CO2 produced from calcium carbonate (to 3 sig fig)
b) what would happen to the apparatus after a few days (iron wool oxygen question)

For the first one I got 2.20 (2.2) but it said 3SF so I wrote 2.20? I don’t know if this is correct. Anyone else?
what did you put for the question that asked how could you find out if all the magnesium reacted with oxygen?
Original post by Studentio10
For the first one I got 2.20 (2.2) but it said 3SF so I wrote 2.20? I don’t know if this is correct. Anyone else?

I wrote 2.20g aswell, not sure if it's correct but what else could it be.
Original post by Strix4748
what did you put for the question that asked how could you find out if all the magnesium reacted with oxygen?

Heat to a constant mass?
I got a similar question wrong in my mock so I just remembered it from that.
Reply 77

Was the answer not propene? Because there were 3 carbons
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Strix4748

weight cruicble, then reheat remaining mass for regular interval, then reweigh, repeat until no further decrease in mass
Original post by noora1233
weight cruicble, then reheat remaining mass for regular interval, then reweigh, repeat until no further decrease in mass

how many marks was that cuz all I out was minus the mass of the crucible from the mass of the crucible with its contents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending