The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier 1CH0 2H - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strix4748
how many marks was that cuz all I out was minus the mass of the crucible from the mass of the crucible with its contents

2 marks
they are on about a different question i believe
Original post by Hugme
Was the answer not propene? Because there were 3 carbons
For the reaction between magnesium and oxygen all I put was open the lid slightly and see if the magnesium has completely disappeared I am guessing that’s wrong.how many marks would that be if it is technically right?
Original post by Hsebdhdjs
For the reaction between magnesium and oxygen all I put was open the lid slightly and see if the magnesium has completely disappeared I am guessing that’s wrong.how many marks would that be if it is technically right?

Honestly speaking, I don't think you'd get marks for that because it doesn't disappear, it oxidises, so like turns white I think.
Original post by alberw21
what did people put for
a) the mass of CO2 produced from calcium carbonate (to 3 sig fig)
b) what would happen to the apparatus after a few days (iron wool oxygen question)

a) 2.20
b) I put that the water level rises to fill up the space because oxygen has been used up (I saw a similar question on a specimen paper which said the same thing)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hsebdhdjs

I don't think it's worth any marks - you have to say that you need to reheat the crucible and its contents for 5 minutes and let it cool. Then weigh the mass again. Repeat until the crucible and its contents have reached a constant mass (I think that's what it is)
Original post by noora1233
what did everyone say about why the apparatus would not be suitable for the question towards the end

i wrote because polystyrene cup is an insulator?

I said that 1.00g of the substance (I forgot what it is) would not cause a significant rise in temperature. The temperature rise would be too small to be measured with the thermometer... but tbh your answer sounds more correct, I didn't even see that it's a polystyrene cup SKJDFS

It's a guess lol but I think that sounds right?? Sorry guys lol the chem paper was really easy for me and I'm excited to answer all of these 😭
(edited 1 year ago)
anyone remember what the last question was
anyone remember what the last question was please

Original post by totallynotshri
I said that 1.00g of the substance (I forgot what it is) would not cause a significant rise in temperature. The temperature rise would be too small to be measured with the thermometer... but tbh your answer sounds more correct, I didn't even see that it's a polystyrene cup SKJDFS

It's a guess lol but I think that sounds right?? Sorry guys lol the chem paper was really easy for me and I'm excited to answer all of these 😭
Reply 89
How can the student observe that sodium is releasing hydrogen
I put that sodium sinks to the bottom as it is releasing gas- is this correct, c?
Reply 90
It was a diagram

Original post by carsarefun
Original post by Oreo92
It was a diagram

was it the drawing the propanol diagram right?
Reply 92
Idk it was some weird polyester and stuff

You had to draw the alcohol - C3H7OH I think it was.
Original post by Oreo92
I put that sodium sinks to the bottom as it is releasing gas- is this correct, c?

Umm yeah...excuse me, I do not remember this question???

Draw a molecule of dipropanol
does anyone remember what was question 9
and what was question 10 on please
Original post by Oreo92

is that multiple choice
Original post by Oreo92

effervescence I believe
Reply 99
polystyrene would just get burnt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending