The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doinadddddffff
Guys where can l find all the required practicals

chemrevise has a good summary of them :smile: PMT also has specific methods so is good too.
Original post by tuflaaa
which equations do we need to know for the electrode potentials topic?

is it just the lithium battery + alkaline hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell?

currently on chemrevise and the summary sheet says that we don't need to learn all equations but doesn't specify which ones who actually need to know :confused:

I usually watch allery chemistry on youtube, he has all the info for every topic try and watch the video on electrode potential that can answer many of your questions, I mean you could skip the bits that you know already
Original post by tuflaaa
chemrevise has a good summary of them :smile: PMT also has specific methods so is good too.

Thank you I’ll stick with chemrevise first
Guys where can l find all the required practicals

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/practical-guide-aqa1.pdf

Here’s the chemrevise summary someone else mentioned. When I find their comment, I’ll rep them.
I really struggle with understanding how fuel cell works can someone summarise all stages please😭
I really struggle with understanding how fuel cell works can someone summarise all stages please😭

i was using chemrevise and u dont need to know every single stage for aqa chem, but u really need to know the advantages and disadvantages
AND THE EQUATIONS IN ALKALINE CONDITIONS

adva :
more efficient because it transfers more energy to kinetic energy while combustion engines transfer more energy to thermal energy
only waste product is water so no co2 directly released from cell, so does not harm environment and cause problems such as global warming
doesnt need to be recharged as it supplies its own current as h2 and o2 will be continuously supplied

dis :
h2 is highly flammable so its difficult and expensive to store and transport around
.its not fully carbon neutral because co2 is still released in processes such as electrolysis when extracting h2 from methane

equations
4oh- + 2h2 ------> 4e- + 4h20
o2 + 2h2o + 4e- ------> 4oh-
overall :2h2 + o2 -----> 2h2o

hope this helps !
Original post by sunshine11111
i was using chemrevise and u dont need to know every single stage for aqa chem, but u really need to know the advantages and disadvantages
AND THE EQUATIONS IN ALKALINE CONDITIONS

adva :
more efficient because it transfers more energy to kinetic energy while combustion engines transfer more energy to thermal energy
only waste product is water so no co2 directly released from cell, so does not harm environment and cause problems such as global warming
doesnt need to be recharged as it supplies its own current as h2 and o2 will be continuously supplied

dis :
h2 is highly flammable so its difficult and expensive to store and transport around
.its not fully carbon neutral because co2 is still released in processes such as electrolysis when extracting h2 from methane

equations
4oh- + 2h2 ------> 4e- + 4h20
o2 + 2h2o + 4e- ------> 4oh-
overall :2h2 + o2 -----> 2h2o

hope this helps !

Thank you soo muuchhh!
guys u know for practical 4,there isnt really a method, like its just testing in test tubes or am i wrong ?

i feel like we gonna get a method on enthalpy change coz 2019 i think had electrochemistry practical
guys u know for practical 4,there isnt really a method, like its just testing in test tubes or am i wrong ?

i feel like we gonna get a method on enthalpy change coz 2019 i think had electrochemistry practical

Yeah you just have to memorise all the equations, colours and ions i think and I would say to have a look at the trends across the periods and groups especially group 7 and they might ask about how reactive the ions are or smth
(edited 1 year ago)

do u think it's worth learning a method for that RP
Original post by thirtyfour
do u think it's worth learning a method for that RP

its actually worth learning a method for all the ones on the advanced
how do u guys learn methods, using chem revise or yt videos?
Original post by Lucy.may2
how do u guys learn methods, using chem revise or yt videos?

the thing is chemrevise is good,but its way tooo specific, so i feel like watching a vid will help u apply it in exam,coz it wont be exactly the same
what types of questions are likely to come up from transition metals? in P1 they mainly asked about the colours/d orbitals etc so do you think they might ask about isomerism esp as that didn’t come up? also did catalysis come up i can’t remember ??
I think it could be something related to redox titrations or catalysis (hope it isn't tho)
Original post by neonmozzy
what types of questions are likely to come up from transition metals? in P1 they mainly asked about the colours/d orbitals etc so do you think they might ask about isomerism esp as that didn’t come up? also did catalysis come up i can’t remember ??
Original post by YoungEmrys
I think it could be something related to redox titrations or catalysis (hope it isn't tho)

wasnt there a redox titration in paper 1 though ? would they really make us do another ??
guys I don't really know what I'm feeling but I'm kinda sad (?) and very disappointed at the same time with the sciences...

all my other subjects have stuck to advanced spec very well - don't know about the other subjects but at least for other ones I do they asked what they said they would ask. Yes questions were still hard but at least I could narrow down my revision.

but for bio and chem (especially chem!) they've literally not stuck to the advanced spec at all (like istg all those synthesis questions yesterday and group 2 and 3 stuff for paper 1 were not low tariff at all) and many people ended up believing (me) that they were going to be low tariff and didn't spend a long time on those topics - WHICH DOES MAKE SENSE? because our year has been affected by Covid so badly - I literally haven't been taught NMR in class :frown:and I'm so bad at learning stuff by myself.

it just really annoys me that I could end up missing my grade to uni just because of this stupid advanced spec stuff. What is the point of giving us the advanced spec when we have to learn EVERYTHING anyways? :frown:

ps. I'm sorry guys for ranting but I'm just really sad and very very stressed for Thursday and Friday (even more sad as all my other friends have finished Alevels rip)
Original post by tuflaaa
guys I don't really know what I'm feeling but I'm kinda sad (?) and very disappointed at the same time with the sciences...

all my other subjects have stuck to advanced spec very well - don't know about the other subjects but at least for other ones I do they asked what they said they would ask. Yes questions were still hard but at least I could narrow down my revision.

but for bio and chem (especially chem!) they've literally not stuck to the advanced spec at all (like istg all those synthesis questions yesterday and group 2 and 3 stuff for paper 1 were not low tariff at all) and many people ended up believing (me) that they were going to be low tariff and didn't spend a long time on those topics - WHICH DOES MAKE SENSE? because our year has been affected by Covid so badly - I literally haven't been taught NMR in class :frown:and I'm so bad at learning stuff by myself.

it just really annoys me that I could end up missing my grade to uni just because of this stupid advanced spec stuff. What is the point of giving us the advanced spec when we have to learn EVERYTHING anyways? :frown:

ps. I'm sorry guys for ranting but I'm just really sad and very very stressed for Thursday and Friday (even more sad as all my other friends have finished Alevels rip)

mate ive lost the motivation to study, ik this sounds so deep but like im so sick of sitting in my room all day in front of books, i feel so empty inside, i cant wait till we finish coz honestly my mental health no longer exists at this point lol
Original post by tuflaaa

I relate to this. im so upset because advanced information has actually made it worse for me. if we didnt have advance info, and maybe they just took out some modules and reduced revision load, it would've helped me more bc the advance info was misguiding me and affecting where I invested my revision - ultimately affecting my exam performance.
exam season has been awful I can barely eat and im always like crying im absolutely terrified I feel like all my hard work over these past 2 years was for nothing
(edited 1 year ago)
Seen someone on Twitter tag AQA saying her daughter has seen paper 3 leaked on instagram! ffs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending