The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Ok, reading people’s complaints about adv info makes me realise that probably revising everything is the only way to smash paper 3
Original post by YoungEmrys
Seen someone on Twitter tag AQA saying her daughter has seen paper 3 leaked on instagram! ffs

All im hearing is leaked leaked everywhere, its actually enough ... dont these people feel like theyve wasted 2 years going to school just to cheat in their final exams??? no matter how bad i was at a subject i would still feel bad cos wats the point of going to skl all these years just to cheat in your a levels not even a class test or somethin... embarassing ugh
Im surprised thermodynamics didnt come up once as a topic not part of the adv info for paper 1 n 2
I’m going to repeat what I have said previously on the thread about AQA’s response to the cheating on paper 2:

“I’m an Edexcel student myself, but I’m nonetheless appalled at the fact this has even happened.

To those of you who sat the exam without cheating, you have everything to be proud of. You’ve worked exceptionally hard and I damn well hope you get the high grades you deserve. Congratulations.

Remember paper 3 is still a great opportunity for you guys to excel further and you shouldn’t be put off whatsoever by the cheating on paper 2.

In the meantime, I recommend taking a little while to relax and distract yourselves with something non-study related. You’ve earned yourselves a break.

I wish all of you the best of luck for your remaining exams and hope you continue to keep up the good work.

To those who did not do the decent thing and sit the exam without cheating, I cannot think of any words that suitably convey the magnitude of your stupidity.”

Original post by Lucy.may2
All im hearing is leaked leaked everywhere, its actually enough ... dont these people feel like theyve wasted 2 years going to school just to cheat in their final exams??? no matter how bad i was at a subject i would still feel bad cos wats the point of going to skl all these years just to cheat in your a levels not even a class test or somethin... embarassing ugh

I honestly believe you will do irrespective of their immense selfishness and stupidity. I think what you should instead be hearing is more acknowledgment for the effort that you and other non-cheaters put in. Well done and best of luck for paper 3.
Original post by Lucy.may2
Im surprised thermodynamics didnt come up once as a topic not part of the adv info for paper 1 n 2

yeah probably bc itll be heavily tested in paper 3
Original post by sunshine11111
mate ive lost the motivation to study, ik this sounds so deep but like im so sick of sitting in my room all day in front of books, i feel so empty inside, i cant wait till we finish coz honestly my mental health no longer exists at this point lol

i hate that it's chem and bio back to back. this last week has been so draining. mental health is literally non existent..
Original post by YoungEmrys
Seen someone on Twitter tag AQA saying her daughter has seen paper 3 leaked on instagram! ffs

ffs wtf is this shitee honestly why the hell are we working our buts of then ?
This is my last paper (hopefully, if we don't have to resit number 2) and I really hope it goes well, I'm so tired and have been really happy with how exams have gone so far so I hope it doesn't go bad in the last moment, I don't want to spend summer stressing out about my results.
Does anyone know what they could ask us about in relation to RP4? it seems funny that they would specify it when they often include chemical tests without doing so so wonder if the question is practically based... trouble is there isn't much to the practical.
Reply 49
Original post by Matthew2422
Does anyone know what they could ask us about in relation to RP4? it seems funny that they would specify it when they often include chemical tests without doing so so wonder if the question is practically based... trouble is there isn't much to the practical.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/pdf-pages/?pdf=https%3A%2F%2Fpmt.physicsandmathstutor.com%2Fdownload%2FChemistry%2FA-level%2FNotes%2FAQA%2FPractical-Skills%2FRP%252004%2520-%2520Identification%2520of%2520cations%2520and%2520anions.pdf

im just looking at this and learning all the tests tbh. maybe also have a general idea on the method of it in case they ask some questions like from paper 2

Might be one of those questions where they perform a number of different tests, hence why it requires knowledges from across the spec, i.e required practical 4? Like a chunky 6 marker saying differentiate between these tubes idk
The chemical tests that we've come across so far in paper 1/2(was there any in 2? idk) was just so2/so3 so yh

Funny, I have this exact document in front of me! Do you think we will need to know the observations for when it is not added in excess, genuinely never seen a question which wanted 'slight white ppt' as answer, or just the excess reagents?
Original post by _notursavior
Might be one of those questions where they perform a number of different tests, hence why it requires knowledges from across the spec, i.e required practical 4? Like a chunky 6 marker saying differentiate between these tubes idk
The chemical tests that we've come across so far in paper 1/2(was there any in 2? idk) was just so2/so3 so yh

Yes, that is a very good point, forgotten about those :/
Reply 53
Idk what world aqa lives on 💀💀

i wrote on 'bit sly to put in a 6 marker on something not on advance info' and skipped it as i didnt have time and didnt know it at all....idiots
Original post by Jimmy9
i wrote on 'bit sly to put in a 6 marker on something not on advance info' and skipped it as i didnt have time and didnt know it at all....idiots

🤣🤣 well at least an examiner out there won't have to sit thru waffle for a second
Reply 55
Funny, I have this exact document in front of me! Do you think we will need to know the observations for when it is not added in excess, genuinely never seen a question which wanted 'slight white ppt' as answer, or just the excess reagents?

i can imagine either a table or them asking 1 or 2 marks on the observation and reagents, like they always do. think abt that last question of paper 2 but as a required practical based question
Reply 56
🤣🤣 well at least an examiner out there won't have to sit thru waffle for a second

dw i more than made up 4 it during my english exam
does anyone have any idea of how practical 2 might link to thermodynamics? Or practical 4 and amount of substance (this one seems weird to me???
Original post by petra22378392
does anyone have any idea of how practical 2 might link to thermodynamics? Or practical 4 and amount of substance (this one seems weird to me???

There’s only one thing it can mean.

They give you experimental results to find the enthalpy of solution and you then use a hess cycle to find either the lattice enthalpy or an enthalpy of hydration
Original post by TypicalNerd
There’s only one thing it can mean.

They give you experimental results to find the enthalpy of solution and you then use a hess cycle to find either the lattice enthalpy or an enthalpy of hydration

Amount of substance and core practical 4 is a weird one. It could be as simple as just identifying a group 2 salt, or calculating the relative formula mass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending