The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TypicalNerd
There’s only one thing it can mean.

They give you experimental results to find the enthalpy of solution and you then use a hess cycle to find either the lattice enthalpy or an enthalpy of hydration

Do you perhaps have any examples of these types of questions? (Also thank you so much for the paper 2 predicted paper!).
Well one of the RP will have a 6 marker on the method
Original post by studentLuna
Do you perhaps have any examples of these types of questions? (Also thank you so much for the paper 2 predicted paper!).

Predicted paper 3 has a required practical 2 question on it
are you guys learning the methods of practicals?

Ah yes. I totally forgot that I did it! Thank you again.

Some Qs on ur paper are tough ngl 💀
You know when writing a method, do you have to specify how many grams of something you are going to add, or could you just say ' add a suitable amount of....'
Original post by Lucy.may2
You know when writing a method, do you have to specify how many grams of something you are going to add, or could you just say ' add a suitable amount of....'

MS don't even mention amount so I think you'd be fine. Only one I can think of in the 2020 paper they gave u conc etc and you had to find suitable mass to put in for your half cell, but u could just use a moles calculation to find it out.
Original post by _notursavior
MS don't even mention amount so I think you'd be fine. Only one I can think of in the 2020 paper they gave u conc etc and you had to find suitable mass to put in for your half cell, but u could just use a moles calculation to find it out.

alright thanks !
Original post by _notursavior
Some Qs on ur paper are tough ngl 💀

Good. Hopefully, should something similar come up on your actual paper, you should be somewhat prepared

hi could i have your papers please
Original post by thirtyfour
hi could i have your papers please

me too pls ,after that paper 2 yesterday there's no hope for me i need all the recourses i can get
in RP2, do we always assume that the solutions have the same density as water , so 45cm^3 will weigh 45 g ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Good. Hopefully, should something similar come up on your actual paper, you should be somewhat

Is it safe to use predicted papers, as now I’m scared about what aqa said about not even trying to look at any paper that might tell what’s in the real exam, I think I’m being a little paranoid about this whole situation 😅
Reply 74
Original post by Doinadddddffff
Is it safe to use predicted papers, as now I’m scared about what aqa said about not even trying to look at any paper that might tell what’s in the real exam, I think I’m being a little paranoid about this whole situation 😅

Lmao Ikr gonna start bending my questions a bit instead of writing what Ik the mark scheme wants
Original post by Doinadddddffff

I’d say it’s perfectly fine. I doubt the paper is going to be very close to the real deal anyway.

Just look at Q34 on paper 3 and what I put for it in the MS. A real exam would never have something like that.
Ohh ok, thanks for your help:smile:

@TypicaNerd
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lucy.may2
in RP2, do we always assume that the solutions have the same density as water , so 45cm^3 will weigh 45 g ?

Yes, in instances when you are not given the total mass of, or the density of the solution.
I’d say it’s perfectly fine. I doubt the paper is going to be very close to the real deal anyway.

Just look at Q34 on paper 3 and what I put for it in the MS. A real exam would never have something like that.

could you please send me the predicted paper 3
Original post by emmyisthebest01
could you please send me the predicted paper 3

I’m pretty sure it’s on page 1 of this discussion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending