The Student Room Group

Masters arts psychotherapy

Anyone here got an interview for arts psychotherapy?
Reply 1
Yes I have tomorrow!
Reply 2
Original post by Odie.b
Yes I have tomorrow!

Hi I have an interview for an Msc Art Psychotherapy soon in a different University and am just wondering how did you find the interview process and what should I expect during this? I imagine that they all have a similar process for interviewing. I have been given very little information on how to prep for this, so would appreciate any advice. Thanks a mill.
Reply 3
Original post by mmulhare
Hi I have an interview for an Msc Art Psychotherapy soon in a different University and am just wondering how did you find the interview process and what should I expect during this? I imagine that they all have a similar process for interviewing. I have been given very little information on how to prep for this, so would appreciate any advice. Thanks a mill.

Hi the requirement for interview will be in your email yiu received. The therapy case study and portfolio etc
Reply 4
I've been given no "requirement for interview" in the email, just the time date and a chapter of a book to read for a workshop I will be attending with other applicants. Nothing in the email states what to expect for the interview, that is why I was asking here for advice.

The application process that included my portfolio is separate to the interview process and this was all submitted prior to getting an interview date.
Reply 5
I've been given no "requirement for interview" in the email, just the time date and a chapter of a book to read for a workshop I will be attending with other applicants. Nothing in the email states what to expect for the interview, that is why I was asking here for advice.

The application process that included my portfolio is separate to the interview process and this was all submitted prior to getting an interview date.

That's all you need then . I took portfolio with me . But i turned down my place last year after posting this as I took social work degree instead . It was very informal just usual asking why you want to do it , how you will pay for it etc then a group workshop and presentation
Reply 6
Original post by Lilyloo4232
That's all you need then . I took portfolio with me . But i turned down my place last year after posting this as I took social work degree instead . It was very informal just usual asking why you want to do it , how you will pay for it etc then a group workshop and presentation

Cool thanks for the information, what did the presentation involve? It doesn't mention anything about a presentation for mine, just a workshop and an interview and I've to bring photographs of the work in which I submitted for the application.

I hope you are enjoying your social work degree :smile:
Reply 7
Cool thanks for the information, what did the presentation involve? It doesn't mention anything about a presentation for mine, just a workshop and an interview and I've to bring photographs of the work in which I submitted for the application.

You will do some artwork when there then present it , meaning behind it etc etc . Could change from different interviews though the topic . Yes so far ok passed for placement
Reply 8

The workshop has a presentation at the end of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending