AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 7136/2 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

what did evryone talk about for context 3 25marker
Original post by Tomytomtom
it was just percentage difference, no need for the negative sign

I know but it was negative so why not.
Original post by Blablu
I know but it was negative so why not.

true only risk is if they thought you meant it was a -3 percent change, either way you should be fine, I just said 3.(whatever it was) percentage points
true only risk is if they thought you meant it was a -3 percent change, either way you should be fine, I just said 3.(whatever it was) percentage points

I said -3.45% difference so I’m sure I got 2 marks.
Reply 24
Original post by vincentvangooo
i accidentally put a positive output gap means deflation lmaooo i drew the diagram wrong so the price was lower (for the 15 mark) has anyone ever missed/done a question wrong and ended up getting a good grade? i need reassurance lol

The negatives of a positive output gap completely threw me i drew the business cycle diagram and said it happens in a boom and theres a waste of resources but i completely forgot what it was :frown: i also said that it causes inflation such as the uk currently ALTHOUGH IN THE QUESTION IT ALREADY SAID THE UK IS A NEGATIVE OUTPUT GAP not positive hahaha
Reply 25
It was % difference
Original post by SF128
It was % difference

Correct but either way, getting 3.45 is good.
Original post by SF128
It was % difference

I can’t remember what i put but i remember how i did it, I think it was wrong.
Find mean of argentine unemployment (sum of percentages then divid by 4) then the same for the uk, and the difference between? I think it’s wrong but hope it’s right lol but then again only 2 makes
Original post by gracieex
The negatives of a positive output gap completely threw me i drew the business cycle diagram and said it happens in a boom and theres a waste of resources but i completely forgot what it was :frown: i also said that it causes inflation such as the uk currently ALTHOUGH IN THE QUESTION IT ALREADY SAID THE UK IS A NEGATIVE OUTPUT GAP not positive hahaha

at least that’s right and you didn’t write about DEFLATION😭😭
Anyone do context 1? What did you get for the index number? I didn’t know how to do it but I got something like 114.5. I did 286.3-250/250 x 100 and then added a hundred, something like that anyway. Dk if it’s right or not.
Original post by Max_2004
Anyone do context 1? What did you get for the index number? I didn’t know how to do it but I got something like 114.5. I did 286.3-250/250 x 100 and then added a hundred, something like that anyway. Dk if it’s right ori

its right
what did evryone talk about for context 3 25marker

I barely had any economics in there
Did anybody do context 2?

What did you guys get for the 9 marker? I went for a decrease in AD because reduced tariffs on imports makes them cheaper so increased demand which widens the current account deficit which decreases AD and caused price levels to drop, in the extract it mentioned lower inflation results in lower growth and employment so I assumed it was demand side deflation.

And what did you all conclude for the data response 25 marker? I said target long run growth to improve all 4 objectives.

And I also did essay 2, did anybody else?
Reply 33
I don’t think it will be a minus sign, just 3.45 percent
Reply 34
Original post by Blablu
Since it said difference between UK and Argentina, I got -3.45% or somewhere around that.

I don’t think it will be a minus sign, just 3.45 percent as it asked for the difference in mean unemployment rates
i did context 1
and essay 3
Original post by d1122
I don’t think it will be a minus sign, just 3.45 percent as it asked for the difference in mean unemployment rates

Yeah I wrote a ‘-3.45% difference’. As it asked difference between the UK mean (which was lower) and the mean of Argentina (which was higher). Like I said, so long as you got 3.45, you’ll be fine
I’m guessing I’m one of the few who chose essay one. Very nice essay Q tbh.
Original post by fatimaasx
i did context 1
and essay 3

What did you write for essay 3s 15 and 25 marker
Original post by ibrahimx04
Did anybody do context 2?

What did you guys get for the 9 marker? I went for a decrease in AD because reduced tariffs on imports makes them cheaper so increased demand which widens the current account deficit which decreases AD and caused price levels to drop, in the extract it mentioned lower inflation results in lower growth and employment so I assumed it was demand side deflation.

And what did you all conclude for the data response 25 marker? I said target long run growth to improve all 4 objectives.

And I also did essay 2, did anybody else?

What did everyone put for the context 2 25 and 9 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending