The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 7136/2 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

What did everybody put for the 25 marker on context 2??
What did u talk about in context 1
Original post by Max_2004
Anyone do context 1? What did you get for the index number? I didn’t know how to do it but I got something like 114.5. I did 286.3-250/250 x 100 and then added a hundred, something like that anyway. Dk if it’s right or not.

What did u say for the 25 marker
Original post by Blablu
Since it said difference between UK and Argentina, I got -3.45% or somewhere around that.

Its not negative its just 3.45 %
I forgot to link the tariff 9 marker to AD which is a bit stupid of me. Hugh
For the 25 Marker context 2, it said should Inflation be main macroeconomic objective, in the extract it said a bit about deflation so for one of my points i said that it should be the main macroeconomic objective as if inflation is not stable and low, then it may lead to deflation, then I talked about the negatives of deflation as one of my points, some people after the exam said It might get marked down, but I feel like its a valid point as not taking care of inflation can result in deflation. could anyone tell me if its a valid point?
[QUOTE=amyk
Original post by Aaron lalli
What did u say for the 25 marker

I did 3 points - one on special economic zones, one on deregulation and one on comparative advantage (commodities)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CobblyWobbly
What did everyone put for the context 2 25 and 9 marker?

For the 9 marker, I began with a definition of inflation and also tariffs. I then drew an AD AS diagram and shifted AD to the left, because tariffs are essentially taxes, reducing them makes imports cheaper thus demand is greater so the (X-M) value decreases and there is a widening of the current account deficit which decreases AD and thus results in lower price levels.

A few people I know however went for the SRAS shift to the right due to lower costs of production, so I’m unsure which one is right - both seem correct?

And for the 25 marker, I did the cons of inflation such as asset price bubbles, fall in real disposable incomes and uncertainty. Then how strong growth might be more desirable because of material standards of living and international competitiveness and development, and then also unemployment and how high unemployment can have the hysteresis effect and also result in govs having to spend more on welfare benefits and areas affected. My judgement I’m unsure, I said target long run growth to improve all 4 objectives.
What did you link it to? I know some people did SRAS.

Original post by 187302975
I forgot to link the tariff 9 marker to AD which is a bit stupid of me. Hugh
only got 2 points because of time, but they were international trade allows for the usage of comparative advantage, but some countries cant get a comparative advantage in anything and a point about how it has lead to cheaper and better products across the world and finally a point about how it causes structural unemployment in developed countries

Original post by Tomytomtom
what did evryone talk about for context 3 25marker
Original post by ibrahimx04
Did anybody do context 2?

What did you guys get for the 9 marker? I went for a decrease in AD because reduced tariffs on imports makes them cheaper so increased demand which widens the current account deficit which decreases AD and caused price levels to drop, in the extract it mentioned lower inflation results in lower growth and employment so I assumed it was demand side deflation.

And what did you all conclude for the data response 25 marker? I said target long run growth to improve all 4 objectives.

And I also did essay 2, did anybody else?

yup me too, did a shifting left
Original post by vincentvangooo
i accidentally put a positive output gap means deflation lmaooo i drew the diagram wrong so the price was lower (for the 15 mark) has anyone ever missed/done a question wrong and ended up getting a good grade? i need reassurance lol

OMG i did the exact same thing
Reply 52
For context 3 the 15 marker what did u interpret the “value of exports as lots of ppl are saying alot of different things
Original post by o.opiu
For context 3 the 15 marker what did u interpret the “value of exports as lots of ppl are saying alot of different things

I just put point which affected the demand for exports because Im not sure what I could have put if it meant the actual money value of goods that are exported
Reply 54
Same i put changes in the UK’s pattern of trade, i swear that is the definition of value of exports
Original post by Eleanor334
OMG i did the exact same thing

omg slay😭 im actually kicking myself but it’s not THAT much of our overall grade im trying to tell myself
Original post by o.opiu
Same i put changes in the UK’s pattern of trade, i swear that is the definition of value of exports

What points did u put
I put price level, exchange rate, trade barriers, and growth overseas/ productivity
Reply 57
Original post by ibrahimx04
For the 9 marker, I began with a definition of inflation and also tariffs. I then drew an AD AS diagram and shifted AD to the left, because tariffs are essentially taxes, reducing them makes imports cheaper thus demand is greater so the (X-M) value decreases and there is a widening of the current account deficit which decreases AD and thus results in lower price levels.

A few people I know however went for the SRAS shift to the right due to lower costs of production, so I’m unsure which one is right - both seem correct?

And for the 25 marker, I did the cons of inflation such as asset price bubbles, fall in real disposable incomes and uncertainty. Then how strong growth might be more desirable because of material standards of living and international competitiveness and development, and then also unemployment and how high unemployment can have the hysteresis effect and also result in govs having to spend more on welfare benefits and areas affected. My judgement I’m unsure, I said target long run growth to improve all 4 objectives.

How did you link the 25 marker points to the extract?
Original post by Taz.
How did you link the 25 marker points to the extract?

i talked about the phillips curve (one of my points was low inflation = high unemployment) and how in the extract it said it’s outdated bc a lot of countries have had low inflation and low unemployment idk if that’s right tho
(Original post by Taz.)How did you link the 25 marker points to the extract?

It was really hard to use application from those extracts, but I think I mentioned things like how high inflation doesn’t really occur today anyways, and about how Argentina has really inflation so uncertainty and thus low FDI, I didn’t rlly use much application which I regret

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending