The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 2 7136/2 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

For the inflation 25 marker I put
They should conteol inflation as inflation redcues purchasing power, reduces int compet of exports, can lead to an inflationary spiral so hyperinflation and also deflationary outcomes which are bad
Then I evaluated and in my second para I put why inflation isnt thag bad and why low unemployment should be the main objective due to its impact on econ growth and **** and how supply side polciies can be used
Would that give me decent marks?
Original post by o.opiu
For context 3 the 15 marker what did u interpret the “value of exports as lots of ppl are saying alot of different things

I interpreted it in 2 ways, i refered to the 'sum total value of exports' decreasing over time in the UK and how the 'value' of individual exports in the UK increased as we began to focus on providing exports based on quality rather than quality.
Original post by Aguero9320
I interpreted it in 2 ways, i refered to the 'sum total value of exports' decreasing over time in the UK and how the 'value' of individual exports in the UK increased as we began to focus on providing exports based on quality rather than quality.

Would sum total value of exports just relate to the demand of exports
ASAP can anyone tell methe2 25 markers in today’s paper
Original post by ChristianNathan
youre not meant to find the difference. Its just raw value of that year / base year raw value x 100.

i added percentage change back to base year..dats right
does anyone know the structure to follow for the 25 marker in paper 3
haven't been taught it at my school
i know its different from the regular 25 because it needs recommendation. Can someone help me out?
Original post by CobblyWobbly
What did you write for essay 3s 15 and 25 marker

I did very bad in the 15 mark question but in the 25 mark question - I talked about comparative advantage and allocative efficiency, and increased consumer surplus - i drew a free trade diagram and showed how it benefited consumers but the negative consequences on producers and i did a paragraph on protectionism - i first talked about the disadvantage of international trade on domestic industries and recommended that governments implement a tariff to protect such industries. i wish i had more time to talk about international trade making countries lose their diversity and increase unemployment.
I feel like im the only person that did essay 1 lol i genuinely can't find anyone else that did it
Original post by Anonymousrzu
I feel like im the only person that did essay 1 lol i genuinely can't find anyone else that did it

I did too
It was literally the easiest one, textbook
Does anyone know what the actual answer for the essay 3 15 marker is because I just interpreted it as demand for exports not the actual money value

i think so, i just made sure to explicitly say it just to get the word value in there, but I am sure that they were generally asking for the demand
Original post by Aguero9320
i think so, i just made sure to explicitly say it just to get the word value in there, but I am sure that they were generally asking for the demand

I hope they were. But if they werent surely they would allow it if the majority of student who answered that question also interpreted it the same way? Because I think that is the case
How many marks for the 4 marker context 2 do you think I'd get if for 1 of my points I said how in UK as unemployment fell inflation rose and explained that and as for my other how in Brazil as unemployment rose inflation fell. Would it be 2 or 3 or 4 marks?
for the 9 marker, i said that fdi can be invested in infrastructure such as roads and bridges, which can help increase productivity and reduce transport costs for firms, leading to an outward shift in LRAS, causing long run growth, and lower prices, so exporting firms can lower their price due to lower costs, and thus make their exports more competitive.

for the 25 marker i said they should use fdi as it leads to economic growth, job opportunities, and other benefits of fdi. then evaluated by saying it can lead to exploitation of labour eg apple and chinese workers. then my other argument was the gov should pursue supply side policies by using their export revenues to invest in domestic growth, instead of relying on fdi, and then evaluated.

what did you write?
Original post by Mtradz
Anyone do context one( seems not many picked it and I kinda regret/idk what was context 2 about again) and essay 2

And if u did do context 1 what did u write for the 25 marker and 9
Reply 95
Original post by neymarjr1107
for the 9 marker, i said that fdi can be invested in infrastructure such as roads and bridges, which can help increase productivity and reduce transport costs for firms, leading to an outward shift in LRAS, causing long run growth, and lower prices, so exporting firms can lower their price due to lower costs, and thus make their exports more competitive.

for the 25 marker i said they should use fdi as it leads to economic growth, job opportunities, and other benefits of fdi. then evaluated by saying it can lead to exploitation of labour eg apple and chinese workers. then my other argument was the gov should pursue supply side policies by using their export revenues to invest in domestic growth, instead of relying on fdi, and then evaluated.

what did you write?

Thanks for the reply it really helps

For the 9 marker I have actually forgotten what specifically I wrote but I remember productivity and lowering costs through increased competitiveness

For the 25 marker it’s very similar to yours actually with an extra policy. I said they should use fiscal policy of cutting taxes to attract more fdi as they look for a low tax country this Will lead to higher overall tax revenues suggested by the laffer curve which can then be used to lower unemployment and improve real incomes while providing more public goods which all link to better standards of living
I also used supply side policies as an argument against using FDI

another question if you don’t mind. How do you structure your 9 and 25 markers
Original post by Mtradz
Thanks for the reply it really helps

For the 9 marker I have actually forgotten what specifically I wrote but I remember productivity and lowering costs through increased competitiveness

For the 25 marker it’s very similar to yours actually with an extra policy. I said they should use fiscal policy of cutting taxes to attract more fdi as they look for a low tax country this Will lead to higher overall tax revenues suggested by the laffer curve which can then be used to lower unemployment and improve real incomes while providing more public goods which all link to better standards of living
I also used supply side policies as an argument against using FDI

another question if you don’t mind. How do you structure your 9 and 25 markers

nice! feels good knowing someone else wrote similar points.
for the 9 marker, i wrote the definitions of key terms in a few lines, then one big paragraph including a diagram, no evaluation needed.

for the 25 marker, i did intro, paragraph 1 (use fdi) then an evaluation paragraph for that point, then paragraph 2 (use supply side policies), another eval paragraph for point 2, then a conclusion.
Reply 97
Original post by neymarjr1107
nice! feels good knowing someone else wrote similar points.
for the 9 marker, i wrote the definitions of key terms in a few lines, then one big paragraph including a diagram, no evaluation needed.

for the 25 marker, i did intro, paragraph 1 (use fdi) then an evaluation paragraph for that point, then paragraph 2 (use supply side policies), another eval paragraph for point 2, then a conclusion.

Thanks this also makes me feel better I did pretty much the same structure as well for both.

Good Luck for Paper 3 🤞🏻
How many people spoke about inflation rates, exchange rates and tariffs for the essay 3 15 marker because Im pretty sure I definitely misinterpreted the question but I jus hope that if a lot of people wrote similar points the examiners will just allow it
Reply 99

Thats what i basically wrote about, UK export demand falling over time, so decreasing the value of exports. I think there’s a difference between export value(price) and value of exports (total export revenue)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending