The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Macroeconomics H460/02 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Economics Macroeconomics H460/02 - 6 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 6th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

How was it u beans eds?
Reply 2
anyone do the reducing tax rates question? if so, was it contractionary or expansionary fiscal policy?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by smzzo
anyone do the reducing tax rates question? if so, was it contractionary or expansionary fiscal policy?

Expansionary
Did anyone do the 2nd 25 marker on growth and development. I felt I kinda waffled because one of my analysis was on how unemployment could reduce development and final eval was how the economic growth may be short run and therefore not as effective. Also did anyone else run out of time?
That exam was easy apart from the first god damn question.
What did u all write for the 12 and 8 markers?
(edited 1 year ago)
Did we all get 1.78% or 1.8% for the inflation rate question
Also I felt like there was a wide range of arguments to choose from for the 8 marker when writing. Idk if
I have mine right tbh it was a confusing as **** quesiton intitially.
the 25s were good and the 12 was decent
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Adamh0205
That exam was easy apart from the first god damn question.

Would not call it easy but definitely harder than the first paper. I reckon the themes paper will be easier than this one. I know many wont agree but globalisation and exchange rates are much easier than trade and protectionism
Original post by smzzo

It was expansionary. Cutting taxes aims to increase economic growth during a recession.
(Original post by Papertowel12345)Did we all get 1.78% or 1.8% for the inflation rate question
Also I felt like there was a wide range of arguments to choose from for the 8 marker when writing. Idk if

ye i got something like that, what did. u write for the 8 and 12 markers tho? i felt like there was barely anything
Original post by Anonymount862
(Original post by Papertowel12345)Did we all get 1.78% or 1.8% for the inflation rate question

ye i got something like that, what did. u write for the 8 and 12 markers tho? i felt like there was barely anything

I cant remember what I wrote for the 8 but im not sure if it was right or not. For the 12 I said it would national debt would damage the economy because it would result in higher taxes rates which would reduce growth because consumption would fall with higher taxes. For the counter I said it could lower inflation if the govt carried out contractionary fiscal policy by raising taxes and cutting spending resulting in lower demand pull inflation.

Tbh i think people are not being honest with themselves on how the test went. I think it was harder than the micro test but not a disaster. I would call it moderate. Besides there is no reason to panic we still have themes to do and the grade boundaries for ocr economics have fallen in recent years with them being 62% overall for an A last year. My guess is that 64/65% will be an A and 75% A*
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Papertowel12345
I cant remember what I wrote for the 8 but im not sure if it was right or not. For the 12 I said it would national debt would damage the economy because it would result in higher taxes rates which would reduce growth because consumption would fall with higher taxes. For the counter I said it could lower inflation if the govt carried out contractionary fiscal policy by raising taxes and cutting spending resulting in lower demand pull inflation.

Tbh i think people are not being honest with themselves on how the test went. I think it was harder than the micro test but not a disaster. I would call it moderate. Besides there is no reason to panic we still have themes to do and the grade boundaries for ocr economics have fallen in recent years with them being 62% overall for an A last year. My guess is that 64/65% will be an A and 75% A*

that sounds like a really good answer though, also ye i think the grade bounderies will be between 2019 and 2020
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you put for the question about the relationship between the Gini Coefficient and economic growth?
Original post by GElisabeth
What did you put for the question about the relationship between the Gini Coefficient and economic growth?

This one i was a bit unsure on but i said there was no clear relationship because some countries had similar gini coeffiecients but significant differences in growth e.g. The UK and Mongolia. I think i got half marks for that question not too sure tbh
I talked about if the funds borrowed finance growth then it may not be harmful talked about multipliers and accelerator. Evaluated with confidenceThen crowding out. Evaluated with the Japan thing
(Original post by Papertowel12345)This one i was a bit unsure on but i said there was no clear relationship because some countries had similar gini coeffiecients but significant differences in growth e.g. The UK and Mongolia. I think i got half marks for that question not too sure tbh

I put as gini coeficcient fell growth rate incrased using turkey mongolia and brazil. However i pointed out UK was an anomaly which shows other things can impact growth rate other than inequality such as low confidence
Original post by Anonymous37853
Did anyone do the 2nd 25 marker on growth and development. I felt I kinda waffled because one of my analysis was on how unemployment could reduce development and final eval was how the economic growth may be short run and therefore not as effective. Also did anyone else run out of time?

Yh I talked about kuznets curve first point evaluated with govt policy obj

then talked about use of natural resources for growth long run insustainability. Brought in dutch disease with export demand and perhaps even current development may be lost. Not as good as my 1st 25 marker but still decent feel like i could have linked to question more but timing is tight
I did that question, I think I kinda just talk about the tax revenue that the economics growth brought and expand on how that leads to growth and development by talking about increasing income and living standard. I think the time for the paper was better than the mircro paper but there are so little line in this macro paper
This paper went much better than Paper 1 (i lowkey sort of bottled my analysis on the trade union stuff, said that monopsony causes unemployment when it doesn't).

8 marker: was ok talked about how targeting can keep inflation expectations in line and thus keep inflation low and stable. Countered by saying that if inflation goes out of target central bank can lose credibility and it could lead to a wage price spiral. Evaluated by saying that Brazil kept inflation within target even after it only exceeded it a few times, therefore targeting is likely to keep inflation low and stable.

12 marker: cons is debt interest payments which present an opportunity cost as government may have to cut spending elsewhere, harming AD. Pro is that if debt is used for expansionary fisc.pol. then tax revenues can rise alongside GDP to pay off debt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending