The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Themes in economics H460/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NOICELYDONEBM
what with Exchange rate

nah where there were 2 diagrams showing D shifting right, but one diagram showed D shifting more than the other
what was the relationship between economic and accounting profit
Original post by Anonymount862

No idea got that wrong probs. Do you remember the MC one and the one with XED, YED, Elasticity of supply as options ?
what diagram did u guys use for the labour marker, i couldnt think of one

I was stuck too. I drew MRP shifting outwards and increasing wages when analysing impact of gov investing in education
Original post by whufc_32
No idea got that wrong probs. Do you remember the MC one and the one with XED, YED, Elasticity of supply as options ?

it was elasticity of supply bro

comparison of wages in inelastic supply and demand markets with elastic ones

economic profit is smaller than accounting profit as economic profit takes into account the wage sacrificed to make the firm
what did u get for the index calculation

what q was that
what q was that

ngl i cant remember but i swear there was a calculation
what letter did u get for the exchange rates one then
Think I got C expansionary monetary policy

what letter did u get for the exchange rates one then
Think I got C expansionary monetary policy

oh nice i actually got that

Between London and North East?
For the last q I literally talked about how governments would regulate monopolies making them produce more, charging a lower price and higher output, which would result in a reduction in income inequality because the price of monopoly goods would be cheaper. I then linked the income distribution to GPI. And that if economic growth was one of their objectives they wouldn't do this because natural monopolies contribute a lot to economic growth. I then mentioned how the government subsidy used on the natural monopoly would maybe not be the best use of gov expenditure and that their reduced revenue may be better spent on education and healthcare to improve standard of living and development.

I know it's not the best point but will it get me some marks?
Original post by Anonymous37853
For the last q I literally talked about how governments would regulate monopolies making them produce more, charging a lower price and higher output, which would result in a reduction in income inequality because the price of monopoly goods would be cheaper. I then linked the income distribution to GPI. And that if economic growth was one of their objectives they wouldn't do this because natural monopolies contribute a lot to economic growth. I then mentioned how the government subsidy used on the natural monopoly would maybe not be the best use of gov expenditure and that their reduced revenue may be better spent on education and healthcare to improve standard of living and development.

I know it's not the best point but will it get me some marks?

yeah i’m sure that’s fine, there’s probably many ways to tackle that q
How did you man find micro. And econ overall. Thought it was kinda hard this year ngl
Original post by jjmilito
How did you man find micro. And econ overall. Thought it was kinda hard this year ngl

imo i found paper 1 one the hardest but I feel like it was my very first exam so I had hell of a lot of nerves. But the Macro went amazingly and this 3rd paper was not as good but i still though i did very well in it
imo i found paper 1 one the hardest but I feel like it was my very first exam so I had hell of a lot of nerves. But the Macro went amazingly and this 3rd paper was not as good but i still though i did very well in it

Same I found micro the hardest. The way they worded the 25 markers as well like “evaluate whether such collusion is the biggest disadvantage of oligopoly” was dodgy coz you can’t really talk about the advantages there. And the gov. funding one was weird as well, didn’t really know what the emphasis of that q was. But macro was great and Themes seemed alright. I think boundaries will be around 160 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending