The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Themes in economics H460/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR A Level Economics Themes in economics H460/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

How was the exam?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How was the exam?

The multiple-choice was dead easy
what did u all say for the labour market movement
Reply 4
Am I the only one that find the 2 15 marker super strange?
Original post by AlanWaNg

which ones? sorry i cant remember
Original post by AlanWaNg

The first one I talked about the geographical immobility as 1st point

Then I talked about low skilled and high skilled worker impacting this but then evaluated saying the geographical immobility affects this to
and concluded saying yes it was
(edited 1 year ago)
The 2nd 15 marker ****ed me over tho i came up with 2 points and evaluated them bu could not conclude
Original post by thainguyen24
The multiple-choice was dead easy

I found the MCQs harder than usual… but the main questions were alright
Original post by Anonymount862
what did u all say for the labour market movement

1. geographic mobility
2. occupational mobility (transferable skills)

eval.
1. educational regional inequalities
2. firms choosing to set up in London due to external economies of scale
Original post by whufc_32
I found the MCQs harder than usual… but the main questions were alright

how tf did u find the main questions alright i did the mcq in 17 mins
Can anyone remember some tricky MCQs. I found a few of them weird
Original post by NOICELYDONEBM
how tf did u find the main questions alright i did the mcq in 17 mins

I did them in 20 mins but were unsure on a few. Like the shift in D one
what about removing macro policies? what did u guys put cus i wasn't sure
Bruh, this paper essays were scuffed. MCQ was ok (I got caught out on the marginal cost question, I don't know if I got any others wrong).

15 markers, I didn't revise labour markets stuff at all, so I winged the analysis with what it gave me in the thing re house prices reducing geographical mobility of labour and also talked about poor transport infrastructure too. Counter I talked about how high skilled workers concentrated in the south have an inelastic wage elasticity of supply (time taken to train) and demand (not easily substitutable with capital) and drew a diagram showing the wage differences. Final eval that firms setting up in the south and educational distributions likely to be more impactful (dk why).

The economic growth objective essay was super weird, for AN I talked about how GDP per capita growth (economic growth) doesn't account for negative externalities or for the distribution of income and that focusing on welfare could actually lead to higher productivity in the economy and thus more profits for firms, and reducing use of natural resources like oil could lead to better health outcomes due to less pollution. Counter was that if successful in reducing global GDP, falling incomes mean households have less to spend on healthcare, lower life expectancy etc etc. Also talked about how oil-exporting countries would have unemployment due to a decrease in demand for fossil fuels (derived demand blah blah) which could lead to more crime (theft etc) and that backfires. Final judgement was that it's likely to have a negative impact because there is no long-run model economists have found without long-term economic growth (extract quote) and that the government should instead intervene to correct income inequality via taxes and pollution via regulation whilst still keeping economic growth as a main macroeconomic objective.

Idk how that was tho i legit winged it, hopefully I'm ok, I don't know, my other tests really didn't go as well as they should have, and this test was harder than all the past papers which basically had free 15 markers (Pollution permits evaluation etc)
Original post by Anonymount862
what about removing macro policies? what did u guys put cus i wasn't sure

1. removing economic growth = less gov investment in infrastructure etc. = fall in LR economic growth = lower employment/GDP lower SoL
2. removing economic growth can reduce intl. competitiveness = negative for firms, lower investment by firms, fall in trade as exports less competitive

eval.
1. focus on redistribution of income (IHDI)
2. focus on environment
3. focus on political/social freedoms

Judgement: removing economic growth overall negative, especially for developing economies in the long-run
(edited 1 year ago)
guys what did people write for the infrastructure four marker
1. removing economic growth = less gov investment in infrastructure etc. = fall in LR economic growth = lower employment/GDP lower SoL
2. removing economic growth can reduce intl. competitiveness = negative for firms, lower investment by firms, fall in trade as exports less competitive

eval.
1. focus on redistribution of income (IHDI)
2. focus on environment
3. focus on political/social freedoms

Judgement: removing economic growth overall negative, especially for developing economies in the long-run

Basically said ur first 2 things why didn't u use GPI instead of HDI cause we got the GPI one in the extract. And said the environment Just couldn't conclude in time
I did them in 20 mins but were unsure on a few. Like the shift in D one

what with Exchange rate
Original post by NOICELYDONEBM
Basically said ur first 2 things why didn't u use GPI instead of HDI cause we got the GPI one in the extract. And said the environment Just couldn't conclude in time

I used GPI as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending