The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Themes in economics H460/03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjmilito
Same I found micro the hardest. The way they worded the 25 markers as well like “evaluate whether such collusion is the biggest disadvantage of oligopoly” was dodgy coz you can’t really talk about the advantages there. And the gov. funding one was weird as well, didn’t really know what the emphasis of that q was. But macro was great and Themes seemed alright. I think boundaries will be around 160 for an A

yeahhh I ****ed that gov. funding one I think coz I talked about the problems of leaving infrastructure to the private sector and public private partnerships. Idek if that’s right, coz Ik others focused more on positive externalities for that one
Same I found micro the hardest. The way they worded the 25 markers as well like “evaluate whether such collusion is the biggest disadvantage of oligopoly” was dodgy coz you can’t really talk about the advantages there. And the gov. funding one was weird as well, didn’t really know what the emphasis of that q was. But macro was great and Themes seemed alright. I think boundaries will be around 160 for an A

Yeh i still talked sbout the advantages but I reckon u could talk about advantages if u phrased it correctly by saying it may not be the biggest disadvantage due to it's advantage..... I obviously did not do this but I feel like my chains of reasoning and analysis that a big portion of marks will prolly be given. I did command economy which was piss easy. The questions i ****ed up was the 8 and12marker due to timing
Original post by NOICELYDONEBM
Yeh i still talked sbout the advantages but I reckon u could talk about advantages if u phrased it correctly by saying it may not be the biggest disadvantage due to it's advantage..... I obviously did not do this but I feel like my chains of reasoning and analysis that a big portion of marks will prolly be given. I did command economy which was piss easy. The questions i ****ed up was the 8 and12marker due to timing

Kinda did the same for oligopoly tbh. Dyu think u would still get some marks for analysis and COR if u kinda misinterpreted the question. Like i wrote loads for the gov funding one but idk if that’s what the q was asking specifically
Reply 43
Can anyone remember if there was a 3 marker on calculating the index of something on paper 3 I’m sure there wasn’t but have seen people say there was??
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TJ.W
Can anyone remember if there was a 3 marker on calculating the index of something on paper 3 I’m sure there wasn’t but have seen people say there was??

yeah there was. I think it was calculate the difference in rate of house price inflation or smth like that. North ESt vs London
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TJ.W

I mean there was a 3 marker in calculating %change within an index
Reply 46
I mean there was a 3 marker in calculating %change within an index

Oh yeah I remember that now! I’m pretty sure I did that. Wasn’t it like calculating the %change in both London and the north east and then comparing them or something. Honestly can’t remember anything 🤣
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TJ.W
Oh yeah I remember that now! I’m pretty sure I did that

it was pretty simple tho it's literally just normal %change and then a comparison of the values
Reply 48
it was pretty simple tho it's literally just normal %change and then a comparison of the values

Ok yeah I did that. Was the other %change like 29% or something for the north east
Original post by TJ.W
Ok yeah I did that. Was the other %change like 29% or something for the north east

Yeah think so. For comparing the values I think I just said Ldn is x% higher than North East, idk if that would count as a mark or you had to say it’s X times higher
Reply 50
Original post by whufc_32
Yeah think so. For comparing the values I think I just said Ldn is x% higher than North East, idk if that would count as a mark or you had to say it’s X times higher

No that’s exactly what I did as well. Should be fine
Original post by TJ.W
No that’s exactly what I did as well. Should be fine

calm. Idk how I literally remember every q from that Themes paper normally I forget everything. So shout me if u wanna clarify anything lol
Reply 52
calm. Idk how I literally remember every q from that Themes paper normally I forget everything. So shout me if u wanna clarify anything lol

Aha I’m the opposite. Kind of glad I’ve forgotten most of it tho seeing how bad it went 😭
Kinda did the same for oligopoly tbh. Dyu think u would still get some marks for analysis and COR if u kinda misinterpreted the question. Like i wrote loads for the gov funding one but idk if that’s what the q was asking specifically

Yeh if the chains of analysis and evaluation have a somewhat tenuous link to question u may not get top top marks like 21-25 but u may get 18-20
Original post by TJ.W
Aha I’m the opposite. Kind of glad I’ve forgotten most of it tho seeing how bad it went 😭

most people I know hated the themes paper as well so you’re not alone lol
most people I know hated the themes paper as well so you’re not alone lol

hopefully grade boundaries are low due to that
hopefully grade boundaries are low due to that

hopefully brev

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending