The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Question Time; What Society would you set up?

Hey guys it’s Rhys! I’m back again for some more threads here on the Student Room. Today I’m doing a bit less talking and instead posing you guys a question too! The question being, What Society would you set up at University?

There are so many different and niche societies that you can find that really anyone can set one up. Here at Staffordshire University, we have things like the Guild of Assassins, the Cosplay society and even a Folklore Society for telling stories around campfire. As well, at Nottingham University they have had an Extreme Ironing society and at Greenwich uni they have a society just for appreciating the union cat!

For me, I think I’d love to set up a Pirate Society. I feel like there’s actually quite a lot of people that like pirates and different activities you could do like dressing up and doing pirate themed socials! Sometimes you just need a silly society to relax and talk to people and make friends!

Societies are such a good chance to try something different and make new friends whilst you’re at it, especially as a Fresher! Setting up your own society can also be a great learning experience that allows you and your friends to find other people that are passionate about the same stuff,. So, what would your society be? Feel free to reply in the comments below and let me know :biggrin: I’d also love to hear about any other weird and wonderful societies you’ve seen pop up before. Speak to you guys soon!
Mythology society-seems like it could be fun and can have a wide audience cause there’s so much variety-people could dress up and do a bunch of other things as well I guess
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Archery
Personal safety
Quiz
Freestyle Rap Society 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending