The Student Room Group

How is prom king and queen elected?

As the question states...
I think there might be different ways on how prom king and queen are elected...
Is it elected from the 'nominees' from those boys and girls who WANTS to become a prom king and queen or is it generally vote for anyone who thinks should become a prom king or queen without any 'nominees'?
or how is it elected from your proms?
Original post by Noob Master
As the question states...
I think there might be different ways on how prom king and queen are elected...
Is it elected from the 'nominees' from those boys and girls who WANTS to become a prom king and queen or is it generally vote for anyone who thinks should become a prom king or queen without any 'nominees'?
or how is it elected from your proms?

Hi there.

TSR is a UK based forum so I may move you're thread to the international forum if that's okay? :smile: This is just so you can get more appropriate responses as I don't think prom king and queen is a UK custom. :s-smilie:
(edited 1 year ago)
We didn't have prom queen and king, I don't think that aspect got imported from the US as much as the rest of it did
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

TSR is a UK based forum so I may move you're thread to the international forum if that's okay? :smile: This is just so you can get more appropriate responses as I don't think prom king and queen is a UK custom. :s-smilie:

Oh I mean it in UK...is there not any prom kings and queens tradition in UK schools generally?
Oh I mean it in UK...is there not any prom kings and queens tradition in UK schools generally?

I don't think so... :s-smilie:

I’ve never heard of the concept until I came across your thread.
Reply 6
Definitely not traditional but I went to school in the UK and we had a king and belle of the ball thing. Is that similar?

I don't remember how it was elected though. I do think you can only elect from a group of nominees
It was based on who was the best dressed or, in other words, who looked cute together as king and queen, in my school. (UK)

There were no nominees. Just who everyone thought was supposed to be king and queen.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA
I don't think so... :s-smilie:

Oh right, lol guess I have been addicted to watching some American shows or listening to some american traditions haha
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I’ve never heard of the concept until I came across your thread.

dayummm guess something new to learn lol haha
Original post by TFEU
Definitely not traditional but I went to school in the UK and we had a king and belle of the ball thing. Is that similar?

I don't remember how it was elected though. I do think you can only elect from a group of nominees

I see...thats nice to know, didn't know that prom isn't popular in UK schools generally
I see...thats nice to know, didn't know that prom isn't popular in UK schools generally

usually we have a “prom” at the end of year 11 as that’s the end of GCSE’s and also at the end of year 13, but it’s really not a big affair like in the USA, also we don’t do prom king or queen. in my school we did a silly powerpoint presentation of “most likely to” with people in our class
Original post by aliaa03
usually we have a “prom” at the end of year 11 as that’s the end of GCSE’s and also at the end of year 13, but it’s really not a big affair like in the USA, also we don’t do prom king or queen. in my school we did a silly powerpoint presentation of “most likely to” with people in our class

Yes this, we had school dances, which were pretty informal, basic and generally in one of the schools gym halls or whatever, it wasn't the sort of thing people hired clothes or cars for etc (but I'm seeing this start to creep in more)
When i go to high school and go to prom i'm going out with my crush and we will become prom king and queen

Quick Reply

Latest