The Student Room Group

Revision methods

What revision methods are there? I’m not really sure on how to revise and I want to try different methods to know which one fits me. Are there any tips?
It’s dependent on what type of learner you are. Theres mind maps, flashcards, blurting, youtube videos, podcasts, practising past paper questions- these are just some examples. Some may work better than others for you. Some may work better for some subjects
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
It’s dependent on what type of learner you are. Theres mind maps, flashcards, blurting, youtube videos, podcasts, practising past paper questions- these are just some examples. Some may work better than others for you. Some may work better for some subjects

Thank you for answering!
Original post by Cloudster
Thank you for answering!

No problem! What subjects are you currently studying?
Reply 4
No problem! What subjects are you currently studying?

I’m studying alevels, psychology, film studies and textiles
Original post by Cloudster
I’m studying alevels, psychology, film studies and textiles

I just completed A level psychology, which exam board are you with?
Reply 6
I just completed A level psychology, which exam board are you with?

Sorry for the late reply, I do aqa
Hello! I think for me the best ways are active recall and spaced repetition. The best way are FLASHCARDS. It is literally so useful! You can create five boxes: one that you study everyday, one that you study ever two days, and so on.
I completely agree with the statement that it depends on what sort of learner you are! I used to try active recall and writing out my notes and it was so time consuming and never helped me to retain information. I realised I was an auditory learner and now use the Jamworks app to take my notes and listen back to the short clips of my lecture content that are relevant to my revision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending