The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Official University of Salford 2023 Applicant Thread

Welcome to the official thread for those people who are thinking about applying to the University of Salford for 2023 entry :smile:

You can meet and chat to other applicants here, and us and our wonderful Student Reps will be on hand to answer any questions you might have!

So…let’s start with some icebreakers….

What course(s) are you (thinking of) applying for?

What subjects are you currently studying?

Where are you from?

Anything else you’d like to share?

Good luck with your applications :bumps:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

BA Television and Radio Production
Cambridge Technical Digital Media (diploma/worth 2 A Levels) and A Level Film Studies
Norwich
Looking forward to this next year and where it leads me :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by JoshReid
BA Television and Radio Production
Cambridge Technical Digital Media (diploma/worth 2 A Levels) and A Level Film Studies
Norwich
Looking forward to this next year and where it leads me :smile:

Hi @JoshReid!

Amazing to hear you're starting TV and Radio with us! Hope you enjoy it - MediaCity is an amazing place to study, so I'm sure you'll have a great time!

All the best with your first week!
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @JoshReid!

Amazing to hear you're starting TV and Radio with us! Hope you enjoy it - MediaCity is an amazing place to study, so I'm sure you'll have a great time!

All the best with your first week!
Becky

Haven't got in just yet (not due to start until the 2023/4 academic year) but I've sent my UCAS application off so hopefully I get in !!
Haven't got in just yet (not due to start until the 2023/4 academic year) but I've sent my UCAS application off so hopefully I get in !!

Oops! Best of luck with your application :smile: I'd recommend coming along to an open day if you haven't already - it's a great way to get the lay of the land, speak to course tutors and to meet other potential applicants (...and just a great day out to be honest!)

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Sent my UCAS application for the MA Social Work program some weeks. Really love Salford and I really hope to get in. Will there be interviews this year?
Just got an offer for 112 UCAS points !! Very happy :smile:
Just got an offer for 112 UCAS points !! Very happy :smile:

Yey! Congrats :smile: Have you already visited the campus?

Alison
Original post by Anonymous
Sent my UCAS application for the MA Social Work program some weeks. Really love Salford and I really hope to get in. Will there be interviews this year?

Good luck with your application! The Admissions team will be busy processing it - it's likely that there will be interviews this year for the course so keep an eye on your emails.

Best wishes,
Alison
Yey! Congrats :smile: Have you already visited the campus?

Alison

Not yet but I've seen online and hopefully I'll be able to come for an applicant day next year !! :smile:
Not yet but I've seen online and hopefully I'll be able to come for an applicant day next year !! :smile:

Amazing, we look forward to seeing you then! :biggrin:

All the best,
Becky
Hi! I've just got my email to say my application has been received for the Diagnostic Radiography course 😊 very excited but super nervous as this is the top uni for me, I was wondering if they send out any offers for the course before the Jan deadline?
Original post by Georgina87
Hi! I've just got my email to say my application has been received for the Diagnostic Radiography course 😊 very excited but super nervous as this is the top uni for me, I was wondering if they send out any offers for the course before the Jan deadline?

From watching the 2022 Diag Rad applicants thread, I think Salford was one of the slowest at giving out offers last year. Try joining this year's thread so that you can chat to fellow applicants:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7274751

Hi @Georgina87!

There's loads of different factors that might affect when you hear back from us about your place, but usually it can take at least a few weeks if not more. With the Radiography course we will be interviewing, so the first time you hear back from us will be when we advise if you've been taken through to interview (fingers crossed!). I know we try to get decisions on interviews out asap so you've got plenty of time to prepare if needed, so keep an eye on your emails for any details coming through! Don't worry if you see other students getting feedback at different times - we review each application individually and like to take time to consider the application as a whole, so people hearing back earlier/later doesn't necessarily have any indication on a decision :biggrin:

All the best!
Becky
Hi @Georgina87!

There's loads of different factors that might affect when you hear back from us about your place, but usually it can take at least a few weeks if not more. With the Radiography course we will be interviewing, so the first time you hear back from us will be when we advise if you've been taken through to interview (fingers crossed!). I know we try to get decisions on interviews out asap so you've got plenty of time to prepare if needed, so keep an eye on your emails for any details coming through! Don't worry if you see other students getting feedback at different times - we review each application individually and like to take time to consider the application as a whole, so people hearing back earlier/later doesn't necessarily have any indication on a decision :biggrin:

All the best!
Becky

Hi Becky,

Thank you for getting back to me, I understand Radiography is really competitive as well at the moment so I'm sure they're extra busy. I don't remember being this nervous the last time I applied to university haha
I'm keeping everything crossed I do get an interview!

Georgina
Hi Becky,

Thank you for getting back to me, I understand Radiography is really competitive as well at the moment so I'm sure they're extra busy. I don't remember being this nervous the last time I applied to university haha
I'm keeping everything crossed I do get an interview!

Georgina

Hiya @Georgina87,

Ah, fingers crossed for you! Applying for uni is absolutely nerve wracking, I don't blame you for being nervous! Best thing to remind yourself is that everyone is in the same boat - everyone will be nervous, everyone will be waiting to hear back. I always recommend trying to make sure you do something nice for yourself to take your mind off waiting, even if its something as small as making yourself a hot drink and getting cozy!

All the best,
Becky
Hi, I am going to apply for computer science in Salford. Am applying after taking a gap year. I did computer science, maths and physics. I got a BBC in them. Wanted to ask if there is a possibility for me to get in Salford as this has been bothering me a lot since the entry requirements are 112-120 points.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am going to apply for computer science in Salford. Am applying after taking a gap year. I did computer science, maths and physics. I got a BBC in them. Wanted to ask if there is a possibility for me to get in Salford as this has been bothering me a lot since the entry requirements are 112-120 points.

Hey!

Our entry requirements are 112-120 UCAS points, including maths, a numerate science or computer-related subject... You've got 112 points *and* all 3 of those - so try not to worry too much :u: Focus on making your personal statement as strong as you can, and you can always come along to our January Open Day if you're still unsure and want to chat with a tutor!

Good luck!
Hi, I got a mail about the interview, any idea about what and how to prepare for it
Original post by Karojohn
Hi, I got a mail about the interview, any idea about what and how to prepare for it

Hi @karojohn

You should also be sent a link to a page to help you with preparing for interview, this will confirm the format for you as well. My top tips for everyone would be:
1) Make sure you're familiar with your personal statement and can talk around any points you've mentioned, if asked.
2) Re-read the course information page and consider your answer to "why do you want to do this course/career"
3) Prepare some questions for the tutors - but not ones that are easily answerable by looking online. Really think about what *you* want to know about the course/teaching/staff.
4) Try to relax and enjoy it!

Best of luck!

Alison

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending