The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Interveiw for Salford University Midwifery

Hi all,

I had an interview with Salford University yesterday to start Sept 24 and I’m so nervous. I want to know what the process was for others and how long it took to hear back?

I’m 28 with a daughter and would be considered a mature student, Salford would be amazing to go to not just for the facilities but just easy of travel.

Let me know your experiences please.
That's amazing it's so hard to get an interview for Salford so you should be really proud of yourself! I'm based in bolton but applying to bolton uni for April 25 intake. Currently doing access at Manchester college xxx
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
I did my interview for midwifery for salford a week ago and they said it may be march/april when they will decide. Feels like ages away
Reply 3
I did my interview in November and still waiting but they said they wait till they’ve received all applications and done all interviews x
I did my interview in February and got an offer. I was surprised as they did say they were going to respond to all applicants in March/April.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I did my interview in February and got an offer. I was surprised as they did say they were going to respond to all applicants in March/April.
January*
Congrats! I also got an offer in February!
Hey @clopheebs,

Yay! Congrats on securing an interview with us at the University of Salford!

I hope it all went well!

You'll probably hear back from our Admissions team regarding the outcome of your interview around March or April.
However, I can't guarantee this 100% because it depends on the volume of applications they're dealing with.

To get the most up-to-date information about the outcome of your interview, I recommend reaching out to our course enquiries team. You can email them at [email protected] or give them a call at +44(0) 161 295 4545 and they'll be able to assist you further.

From Katie :grin:
- Official Salford Rep
Reply 8
Original post by clopheebs
Hi all,
I had an interview with Salford University yesterday to start Sept 24 and I’m so nervous. I want to know what the process was for others and how long it took to hear back?
I’m 28 with a daughter and would be considered a mature student, Salford would be amazing to go to not just for the facilities but just easy of travel.
Let me know your experiences please.
hello congratulations on the interview and hopefully it went well,i have an interview aswell so what kind of questions did they ask you on the interview ??
Original post by Anonymous #1
congrats on the offer, i have an interview today and i want to know what questions they asked ??
Original post by Anonymous #2
congrats on the offer, i have an interview today and i want to know what questions they asked ??

Hey!

Congrats on getting to the interview stage at Salford!

We have a whole page on a website to help you prep for your Health and Society Interview which you can find here.

But here are the main FAQs - Hopefully you find them useful!

How do I access my online interview?
You can access your interview from the link on the email that we have sent you. The date and time of your interview are also included on this email. We will send this to you again a couple of days before your interview as a reminder. Please enter your interview ten minutes before the scheduled start time.We will be making the session live for your interview one hour before it is scheduled, so you can check your access and make sure everything is working in order. If you try to access the interview any time earlier than this, the page may not appear

.What do I need to have ready for my online interview?
Please ensure you have your photo ID, such as a driving licence or passport to hand. Pictures will be checked at your interview, so please make sure you have access to a camera on your computer.You will not need to show us your certificates at the interview stage; we only examine certificates for those students who are made an offer post interview.We recommend you access the interview using Google Chrome on a desktop computer or laptop however it is possible to access the system on a tablet or smartphone. When you sign into the session, please enter your full name.We have put together a video with helpful tips on how to prepare for your online interview.

What will happen at my online interview?
Your interview will consist of a person introduction and a group activity. The group activity will last around 20 minutes but please allow for up to two hours for the entire interview session. The interview panel may consist of lecturers, clinicians, service users and students.

What will I be assessed on?
•Your passion for the career of a Midwife
•Knowledge of the course
•Knowledge of the role of a Midwife
•The values you demonstrate in your responses
•Your interpersonal skills
Individual scores will be calculated based on your responses. There is no individual interview for this course.

What happens after I have completed my interview?
Please note that this is an extremely popular course, and in some cases, we may hold applications until the equal consideration deadline, to ensure fair and equal treatment of all on-time applicants. Once a decision has been made this will be updated on UCAS. We do urge you not to share details on the interview process with other applicants as you will be putting them at an advantage over your own application.

 If you have any more questions, feel free to ask—I'm more than happy to help!

Katie 😀 - (Offical Salford Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending