Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Official University of Salford 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi 👋
Just wondering if anyone has had offers for Graphic Design or Graphic Design with Foundation? The interview was cancelled due to strikes so submitted the online portfolio but not heard anything since. Only worried as both courses would be firm and insurance but been offered others with applicant days already.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by University of Salford
Welcome to the official thread for those people who are thinking about applying to the University of Salford for 2023 entry :smile:

You can meet and chat to other applicants here, and us and our wonderful Student Reps will be on hand to answer any questions you might have!

So…let’s start with some icebreakers….

What course(s) are you (thinking of) applying for?

What subjects are you currently studying?

Where are you from?

Anything else you’d like to share?

Good luck with your applications :bumps:

Hi all ,

I’m lucky enough to have been offered a conditional offer from the University of Salford to study Quantity Surveying in September 2023.
I just need to pass two design thinking modules I’m studying at the Open University which I’m fairly confident I’ll be able to do so.

I am born and bred in London, where I currently live and I’m also going to be a mature student at the ripe old age of 31 when the course starts.

I was looking to get some work whilst studying and I wondered what a typical weekly timetable would look like when Studying Quantity Surveying, is there anybody on here who might be able to help ?

I have also sent out a few posts on websites like, SpareRoom and Gumtree to see if there was anyone in a similar position who didn’t want to stay in the traditional student accommodation and who could potentially want to buddy up whilst studying at the University.

If anyone was able to help or respond to this, I would really appreciate it ! Thanks
Sean
Original post by Seanmccaul22
Hi all ,

I’m lucky enough to have been offered a conditional offer from the University of Salford to study Quantity Surveying in September 2023.
I just need to pass two design thinking modules I’m studying at the Open University which I’m fairly confident I’ll be able to do so.

I am born and bred in London, where I currently live and I’m also going to be a mature student at the ripe old age of 31 when the course starts.

I was looking to get some work whilst studying and I wondered what a typical weekly timetable would look like when Studying Quantity Surveying, is there anybody on here who might be able to help ?

I have also sent out a few posts on websites like, SpareRoom and Gumtree to see if there was anyone in a similar position who didn’t want to stay in the traditional student accommodation and who could potentially want to buddy up whilst studying at the University.

If anyone was able to help or respond to this, I would really appreciate it ! Thanks
Sean

Hey Sean!

I’ve just got back from the applicants day at Salford uni for Quantity surveying. I’m 29 so you won’t be the only mature student on the course lol.

If I remember correctly, it’s 1.5days a week on campus with 2hr long lectures. We have to utilise our downtime around that to study, read, complete coursework and online learning.

Working around uni is definitely doable. I hope that helps ☺️

Laurencia
Original post by Seanmccaul22
Hi all ,

Sean

Hey @Seanmccaul22!

Massive congrats on the offer, that's such great news!

From what our tutors have advised in the past it looks like you'll have around 12 hours of contact time per week (i.e. lectures, tutorials, seminars etc), but you'll also need to use your personal time around that to do your assignments, readings etc, so I'd say its definitely possible to work part time around the course (depending on the hours obviously!). We usually recommend students don't work more than 20hrs per week so you can have a good work/study life balance.

It might also be a good idea to post in the Applicants facebook group about housing - our communications team will usually send you an email about joining this, but drop us a DM if you haven't had this and I can have a chat with them! Its a space for all new applicants/offer holders, so its a good way to have a chat about housing options!

All the best, and have a good weekend!
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Original post by JakeS04
Hi 👋
Just wondering if anyone has had offers for Graphic Design or Graphic Design with Foundation? The interview was cancelled due to strikes so submitted the online portfolio but not heard anything since. Only worried as both courses would be firm and insurance but been offered others with applicant days already.

Hey @JakeS04!

When did you submit your portfolio? I know it can sometimes take a few weeks to review and get any feedback back out to you as the tutors like to take a good look at your work before making any decisions, but if its been longer than this I'd recommend getting in contact with our course enquiries team - they're fab, and will be more than happy to take a look into your application and speak to admissions about whats going on!

All the best - fingers crossed for you!
Becky
Original post by University of Salford
Hey @Seanmccaul22!

Massive congrats on the offer, that's such great news!

From what our tutors have advised in the past it looks like you'll have around 12 hours of contact time per week (i.e. lectures, tutorials, seminars etc), but you'll also need to use your personal time around that to do your assignments, readings etc, so I'd say its definitely possible to work part time around the course (depending on the hours obviously!). We usually recommend students don't work more than 20hrs per week so you can have a good work/study life balance.

It might also be a good idea to post in the Applicants facebook group about housing - our communications team will usually send you an email about joining this, but drop us a DM if you haven't had this and I can have a chat with them! Its a space for all new applicants/offer holders, so its a good way to have a chat about housing options!

All the best, and have a good weekend!
Becky

Hi Becky,

Thank you for the detailed reply , this will be a big help !

Hope you had a good weekend
Sean
Original post by Lo12345
Hey Sean!

I’ve just got back from the applicants day at Salford uni for Quantity surveying. I’m 29 so you won’t be the only mature student on the course lol.

If I remember correctly, it’s 1.5days a week on campus with 2hr long lectures. We have to utilise our downtime around that to study, read, complete coursework and online learning.

Working around uni is definitely doable. I hope that helps ☺️

Laurencia

Hey Lauren,

ah that’s reassuring to hear I won’t be the only older person on the course 🙃

Okay , that’s helpful information to have so thank you. I did get a reply from the University rep Becky, she said similar so it all helps paint a picture of what University life will be like.

I have my applicant day in May so I’m looking forward to that

All the best,
Sean
I got my offer for Diagnostic Radiography today and I’m so happy! Is anyone else here applying for the same course?
Original post by Georgina87
I got my offer for Diagnostic Radiography today and I’m so happy! Is anyone else here applying for the same course?

I know I've replied to you elsewhere @Georgina87, but I know you've been waiting a while soooo YAYYY:rave:

Have fun basking in the happiness :smile::smile:

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 49
I'm Alex, at the moment I'm studying A Levels for English Lit, History and Film Studies and I'm hoping to do Film Production. Looking forward to having a break after exams and meeting new people at Uni :smile:
Original post by Niko2Tone
I'm Alex, at the moment I'm studying A Levels for English Lit, History and Film Studies and I'm hoping to do Film Production. Looking forward to having a break after exams and meeting new people at Uni :smile:

Hey @Niko2Tone!

Ahh best of luck with your exams, and I hope you have a fab summer! So exciting to hear you've got an offer to join us for Film Prod in September - you'll love being a student at MediaCity, its honestly the best place to be creative! A great place to meet people and chill out after a day of classes too, so I'm certain you'll meet loads of interesting people :biggrin:

All the best,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending