The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Official University of Brighton 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isahko
Hi, I applied for Film & Screen Studies on the 19th of January and sent in my supporting documents on the 28th. My test scores have been sent, but I have no way of tracking how long it takes for them to be sent. I've read that it can be anywhere from one week to a month. I sent a message through the applicant portal to let the admissions team know that my scores were on the way but never received any acknowledgement after that point.

I've seen a lot of other film applicants who applied in January receiving their offers in Facebook groups and am anxious. Could the wait be due to my being an international applicant? Or is there a specific hold-up? Any answers you have are appreciated!! :h:

I think it's best you call school directly, it's faster that way.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi @Chi mona :h:

Please can you send us your student number or UCAS personal ID via private message and we can take a look at

this for you.

Bex - Brighton Uni rep :nyan:

Unfortunately I can't send messages yet.
Original post by Chi mona
Unfortunately I can't send messages yet.

Okay not a problem. It is very early on in the admission cycle and it's very common not to have heard back yet so please do not panic. Admissions will send all updates via your Studentview so make sure you're checking this area. Very best of luck with your application and if you haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks and are getting concerned please feel free to give us a call on 01273 644644.

Okay not a problem. It is very early on in the admission cycle and it's very common not to have heard back yet so please do not panic. Admissions will send all updates via your Studentview so make sure you're checking this area. Very best of luck with your application and if you haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks and are getting concerned please feel free to give us a call on 01273 644644.

Thank you :smile:
I applied for OSPAP 2023. How do i know the status of my application? Will they send me a letter if its unsuccessful or what?
Hey, I just got an offer for paramedic science for 2023 start. The offer is to get ABB or AAC. Are these strict or is there some leeway with grades. Could I still be considered if I were to get an ABC for example?
Original post by angeleyez016
I applied for OSPAP 2023. How do i know the status of my application? Will they send me a letter if its unsuccessful or what?

Hi @angeleyez016

All decisions have now been made on the OSPAP applications :smile:

You should have received an email from the admissions team with the decision or should be able to view this in your Studentview account. Please check your junk/spam folder for the email, as sometimes our emails can be found there.

If you are unsure, please feel free to contact our enquiries team directly here who will be able to help.

I hope this is helpful! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Original post by MercyVerbal
Hey, I just got an offer for paramedic science for 2023 start. The offer is to get ABB or AAC. Are these strict or is there some leeway with grades. Could I still be considered if I were to get an ABC for example?

Hi @MercyVerbal

Congratulations on your offer for Paramedic Science! :rave:

Our admissions team aim to run a flexible admissions policy so they may still be able to offer you a place if you do not meet the requirements of your offer. However this is not guaranteed.

Paramedic Science is a particularly competitive course, so we would always recommend aiming for the grades on your offer letter :smile:

I hope this is helpful!

All the best with your studies :biggrin:

Hi @angeleyez016

All decisions have now been made on the OSPAP applications :smile:

You should have received an email from the admissions team with the decision or should be able to view this in your Studentview account. Please check your junk/spam folder for the email, as sometimes our emails can be found there.

If you are unsure, please feel free to contact our enquiries team directly here who will be able to help.

I hope this is helpful! :biggrin:

Hi,

I have made my application for the OSPAP PGdip course as well and have not received any response. My application is still pending and I have a student number. No emails have been sent in either junk or spam. This is the last chance I got as my GPhC adjudication letter is only valid for year 2022 and 2023. Thank you. 😟
Original post by justinepobre
Hi,

I have made my application for the OSPAP PGdip course as well and have not received any response. My application is still pending and I have a student number. No emails have been sent in either junk or spam. This is the last chance I got as my GPhC adjudication letter is only valid for year 2022 and 2023. Thank you. 😟

Hi @justinepobre

Please feel free to send us a private direct message on here and I will look into this for you and contact the OSPAP admissions officer. :smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Hi, i suppose i have three questions. First of all, i have received a conditional offer from Brighton for creative writing and have made them my firm choice, what month should i be expecting to get an email from them asking me to make a booking request, because my insurance choice has already asked me to start booking accommodation with them and i am nervous that i am missing some sort of deadline with Brighton, will i be sent a link to somewhere i can book accommodation because i don’t know where to do it. And lastly, since i am on a conditional offer, how likely is it that i will get my first choice of accommodation because it is very important that i get an en-suite and the price of the hauls is affordable but if people with unconditional offers are going to get to pick earlier than everyone else, how likely are my chances of getting a good place?
Hi @justinepobre

Please feel free to send us a private direct message on here and I will look into this for you and contact the OSPAP admissions officer. :smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Hi Danielle,

I tried sending a private message but unfortunately I am unable to send one as my account is new. Is there any other way to contact you and give you information about my application? Please ley me know. Thank you very much for responding.

Regards

Justine Pobre
Original post by Bluehdc
Hi, i suppose i have three questions. First of all, i have received a conditional offer from Brighton for creative writing and have made them my firm choice, what month should i be expecting to get an email from them asking me to make a booking request, because my insurance choice has already asked me to start booking accommodation with them and i am nervous that i am missing some sort of deadline with Brighton, will i be sent a link to somewhere i can book accommodation because i don’t know where to do it. And lastly, since i am on a conditional offer, how likely is it that i will get my first choice of accommodation because it is very important that i get an en-suite and the price of the hauls is affordable but if people with unconditional offers are going to get to pick earlier than everyone else, how likely are my chances of getting a good place?

Hi @Bluehdc

Congratulations on your conditional offer! :biggrin:

Emails for booking accommodation are usually sent out in April. We guarantee accommodation in halls of residence for all eligible students. Accommodation bookings open at the same time for all applicants and our accommodation team do not offer places on a first come first serve basis. You must accept the first accommodation offer made to you and have three days in which to respond to say you are happy with the accommodation offer. The accommodation team look to offer first choice options as much as possible and most students are allocated their first choice.

I hope this is helpful!

Original post by justinepobre
Hi Danielle,

I tried sending a private message but unfortunately I am unable to send one as my account is new. Is there any other way to contact you and give you information about my application? Please ley me know. Thank you very much for responding.

Regards

Justine Pobre

Hi Justine,

In this case please feel free to send our Enquiries Team a message here. I will then keep an eye out for your message and contact your admissions officer for you :smile:

Thank you.

Reply 54
I did my interview in primary education at the University of Brighton on the 4/4/23. How long will it take for them to give feedback
Original post by Wizoa
I did my interview in primary education at the University of Brighton on the 4/4/23. How long will it take for them to give feedback

Hi @Wizoa

We have been closed over the Easter break, so it may take the admissions team a few more days than usual to update the decision on your application. However, if you wish to request an update we would recommend sending a message directly through your Studentview account. Your admissions officer will then respond to you directly and be able to confirm when you should be receiving a final decision.

Alternatively, please feel free to contact our Enquiries Team who will be able to look into this for you.

All the best with your application!

Reply 56
Thank you
Hi
Is anyone doing podiatry at Brighton
Reply 58
Hi Everyone :biggrin:

This thread is for people who are thinking of applying to University of Brighton for 2023!

You can meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
Why are you interested in the University of Brighton?

Hi!
Let's be friends! I'm studying international marketing and events management at Brighton (Moulescomb) and I'm interested in it because I really want to be near the beach and also because Brighton is a nice place. Though the price of accomadation at Mithras is very steep! I think Varley Park is better. Anyone applying for Varley Park?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Is anyone doing podiatry at Brighton

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending