The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Official Bournemouth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemouth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

I've just recieved an offer to study paramedic science :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
anyone who applied for computer animation art and design?
Original post by Anonymous
anyone who applied for computer animation art and design?

I did!! for BA and no foundation
Original post by lostmytongue
I did!! for BA and no foundation

same! but, i got a conditional offer so i've just submitted the required documents and waiting for the response. how about you?
Original post by Anonymous
same! but, i got a conditional offer so i've just submitted the required documents and waiting for the response. how about you?

I also got a conditional offer, but I am doing the IB so i need to wait till my final result comes out (which is in July) before I can confirm my spot :frown:
Reply 25
Hi I'm looking to study Sociology and Criminology anyone else?
Reply 26
HI i've aready applied to go to Art Bournemouth University im going to do foundation art year
Original post by C.hloeeexx
I’ll be studying law in Sept 🕺🏻

So will I, I did a foundation year this year at BU and am now continuing on to do law in September I'm so excited to get back to uni and bournemouth
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemouth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi All,

I'm Will, a current Media Production student at BU and I am on my placement year. Myself, Pip and Jake are all students at Bournemouth University and are here to answer any questions you have about the university, student life, and more.
Feel free to get in touch :smile:
Will
Hi everyone.

Hope results day went well for you last week. For anyone that got an offer and is now heading to Bournemouth University then you can find our freshers thread here -> Bournemouth University Freshers 2023.

EH
Original post by BU Student Rep
Hi All,

I'm Will, a current Media Production student at BU and I am on my placement year. Myself, Pip and Jake are all students at Bournemouth University and are here to answer any questions you have about the university, student life, and more.
Feel free to get in touch :smile:
Will

Hi , I’ve just sent an application to BU for 2024 how long does it usually take to get a response please
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi , I’ve just sent an application to BU for 2024 how long does it usually take to get a response please

Hello 🙂

Amazing to hear you've submitted an application to study at BU for 2024 - congrats! It depends on how busy the admissions team is but usually within a few weeks you will hear back about your application.

Please do contact our Future Students Enquiry Team [email protected] if you haven't heard after a few weeks to check.

Any other questions, let me know!

Best wishes,
Kerry - BU Official Rep
Original post by georgiac2
So will I, I did a foundation year this year at BU and am now continuing on to do law in September I'm so excited to get back to uni and bournemouth
Hi. Do you mind me asking what you did in the foundation year. My daughter could maybe benefit from a foundation year despite on track to get the grades needed for yr 1. She struggles with confidence in her ability and I wonder if a Foundation year is helpful.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hi. Do you mind me asking what you did in the foundation year. My daughter could maybe benefit from a foundation year despite on track to get the grades needed for yr 1. She struggles with confidence in her ability and I wonder if a Foundation year is helpful.
Hello,

A Foundation Year could definitely help with confidence, and learning what is required for undergraduate studies! We have a foundation year option for all our Law undergraduate courses at BU and this additional year of study will give the student a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building their confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, they will progress to the full degree.

If they apply to study the full degree and do not meet the academic entry requirements, our admissions team may consider their application for the Foundation Year and notify them accordingly.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,
Kerry - BU Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending