The Student Room Group

Doomed

I am second year student but on a study break. I have applied to several different universities for second year entry, don’t want to repeat first year as I got a 2:1 and don’t want to be too old when I graduate so I can do GEM. I applied for 5 unis and got rejected by one and told by the other three that they will process me as a first year applicant instead. I only have kings college who hasn’t said anything about changing it to first year entry but when I looked on their website they aren’t accepting transfers this year. I am doomed I needed to get second year entry else where otherwise I will be stuck at home with my toxic parents and I can’t do that anymore, I also needed to get into a uni better and further ways from home or they won’t be convinced to let me move out. My current uni is only 20 mins from my house so I can’t justify getting accommodation but now I am doomed to feel like this forever, all trapped and depressed. What do I do?
Reply 1
My applications
Warwick second year entry-rejected
Ucl changed to first year entry- waiting
Imperial changed to first Year entry- waiting
York - changed to first year- waiting
Kings college not changed to first but they aren’t doing transfers - waiting
Mate, I am literally going to feel sick 🤢. I need some sort of miracle right now or I am going to just go mental.
Reply 2
What do I do, it’s like I make a plan and life just keeps finding new ways to make it hell for me. I am all out of options.
Original post by 2102945
What do I do, it’s like I make a plan and life just keeps finding new ways to make it hell for me. I am all out of options.

I’m literally going through the exact same thing as you with a variety of different issues, so you’re not alone
Reply 4
Original post by Asadhumanbean
I’m literally going through the exact same thing as you with a variety of different issues, so you’re not alone

I swear Pakistani parents just feel obligated to make life difficult especially for me. I spent all last year dealing with this and I needed this as some kind of hope to keep me going but god just took that away. I swear god hates me.
Reply 5
@Wooord!
Any advice?
Reply 6
I emailed the Sorbonne last year as a kind of joke about transferring there and I got an email from them today. After about 4 months of not replying why did they suddenly get back to me now? So confused 😐. I don’t think life likes me anymore 😂.
Original post by 2102945
@Wooord!
Any advice?

ohh hun i don't have experience with taking breaks during university or applying into second year,
but from what i understand so far, considering your problems at home and everything, i think you should still apply for first year entry too. Do *not* worry about being "too old" to graduate, theres really no such thing, and you'll only be one year behind, it doesn't matter at all.
praying you get into york because i applied for masters there lol

Original post by 2102945
I swear Pakistani parents just feel obligated to make life difficult especially for me. I spent all last year dealing with this and I needed this as some kind of hope to keep me going but god just took that away. I swear god hates me.

dm me about this if you want because i will understand
Reply 9
Maybe starting from the beginning might not be that bad, but I just need life to stop throwing me razor sharp curveballs!
Reply 10
Update
Kings asked me to send them the reason I quit my previous uni, they must be considering giving me an offer right?
Now I am just going to have to go for first year entry so I hope I get some offer quickly.
My sister thinks it’s a good idea but my mum thinks it a waste of time.
Original post by 2102945
Update
Kings asked me to send them the reason I quit my previous uni, they must be considering giving me an offer right?
Now I am just going to have to go for first year entry so I hope I get some offer quickly.
My sister thinks it’s a good idea but my mum thinks it a waste of time.

Don't let the thought of being a year older determine what you do with Ur life.

Have you tried talking to your parents about giving u slightly more freedom. I think moving out because Ur parents won't let u have a phone is a bit extreme. Explain to Ur parents that u are willing to stay if they give u a bit more freedom. If they won't listen, then move out.
How did this turn out in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending