The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Higher Tier (8462 2H) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Sameeahmed
yes bro, i got the same. idk what the real answer is.

im pretty sure its 7. something because i got 4 originally then changed it. U had to work out how much anhydrous there was, which was 23 i think, then divide by some ratio to get 7. Idk if this makes sense but yh
Original post by SR-123
im pretty sure its 7. something because i got 4 originally then changed it. U had to work out how much anhydrous there was, which was 23 i think, then divide by some ratio to get 7. Idk if this makes sense but yh

Following the same method for the question above , I used a ratio and worked out a multiplier , getting something along the lines of 7.4 / 7.2
Original post by nooneeeeeee
what do u need to make nitric acid? i said nitrogen dioxide but that was a complete guess cut i had no clue

I said nitrogen oxides 🤷*♀️
Reply 503
Original post by imogenarmitage
Following the same method for the question above , I used a ratio and worked out a multiplier , getting something along the lines of 7.4 / 7.2

yup, pretty sure that me and most of my friends got something like that too
Reply 504
Do you guys think the grade boundaries for chemistry this year will stay the same as the 2019 boundaries? Or do you reckon there may be a small drop, perhaps by 1 or 2 marks?
Reply 505
Original post by sodaafrog
Do you guys think the grade boundaries for chemistry this year will stay the same as the 2019 boundaries? Or do you reckon there may be a small drop, perhaps by 1 or 2 marks?

If it changes it most certainly will not be a drop. I have said this already early but grade boundaries are based on percentages of people getting a grade, not the actual mark. So if we all do better (which i looks like we did) the grade boundaries move up to counteract that. If we did worse than usual, the grade boundaries move down to ensure the same amount of people get each grade as usual (or pretty much)
Original post by JQ2neeky
If it changes it most certainly will not be a drop. I have said this already early but grade boundaries are based on percentages of people getting a grade, not the actual mark. So if we all do better (which i looks like we did) the grade boundaries move up to counteract that. If we did worse than usual, the grade boundaries move down to ensure the same amount of people get each grade as usual (or pretty much)

remember the people on studentroom will usually do a lot better than the average population
Reply 507
Original post by Harshi_789
remember the people on studentroom will usually do a lot better than the average population

True but it doesn't change the fact that those papers were easier than usual. Even people who usually struggle are doing much better year. Your right that it wont increase as much as people on tsr are saying but it will still increase
Original post by JQ2neeky
True but it doesn't change the fact that those papers were easier than usual. Even people who usually struggle are doing much better year. Your right that it wont increase as much as people on tsr are saying but it will still increase

yh i agree but grade 9 is probably not gonna above 75 percent
Original post by brojo_001
Isnt it calcium carbonate- i put calcium carbonate initially but changed it last second, ahhh the regret-

Nah it’s calcium hydroxide
Original post by Sbud
I put nitrate

It’s ammonia
Original post by Sbud
Provides an alternative reaction pathway with lower activation energy so greater chance of successful collisions

I don’t actually remember what I said but wow such a good answer
Original post by Harshi_789
yh i agree but grade 9 is probably not gonna above 75 percent

Yh there is a lot of room for error tbh
Original post by Chris_____
Was one answer cellulose for the Q abt glucose

Yh it’s cellulose
I don’t know if anyone else has this but like in the exam I will make extremely silly mistake that are worth big marks or sometimes I won’t understand the wording of the question but when I come out the exam I get it like I don’t know what it is but I put such silly answers as well and like they sometimes hints in the answers but my mind just ignores them like I revise but find it hard understand?
Reply 515
Original post by Yellowdried
Nah it’s calcium hydroxide

but i looked it up and calcium carbonate is litch limestone? ca(oh)2 is like limewater
Reply 516
Original post by Yellowdried
I don’t actually remember what I said but wow such a good answer

Bro that’s the text book definition

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending