The Student Room Group

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by aspiringpotato
I'm taking AS exams and I don't understand which PAGs we can be tested on in the exam because OCR put up 3 different variations of each practical as guidance ; am I meant to know all 3 versions ??? And how can they even test us on PAGs at AS when some schools may have decided to do some of the PAGs in Year 13 (or do we still have to study all 12 PAGs)?

The required ones to know are on the spec. :smile:
Original post by JA03
The required ones to know are on the spec. :smile:

I have checked the spec but I can't find anything specifically on this? Also, are PAGs tested if you're taking the AS level?
I have checked the spec but I can't find anything specifically on this? Also, are PAGs tested if you're taking the AS level?

As far as I know, only the ones in the AS topics are tested at AS. I'll look at the spec for the page you need to know.

Page 15 - OCR A Biology A-Level PAG Handbook

Must know for AS-Level are:
PAGs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11

For PAG 6 - You don’t need to know about electrophoresis yet.
For PAG 10 - You don’t need to know about computer modelling yet as you haven’t done Biotechnology yet.
For PAG 11 - You haven’t done animal responses and the only plant responses you would know are about callose, alkaloids and phenols (you haven’t done auxin, gibberellins, abscisic acids, ethene/ethylene, etc as you do those in A2)

Quick Reply

Latest