The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Triple Higher Tier [16th May 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Guys does anyone remember if the line of best fir had to be curved or straight? i knwo its a bit late
Original post by GRAAA$%&
Guys does anyone remember if the line of best fir had to be curved or straight? i knwo its a bit late

Curved I think
Reply 862
Original post by Hey Ellie :)
Cell wall keeps a rigid structure, without it osmosis would cause the cell to swell then burst

How is it osmosis? Its antibiotics damaging the cell wall of a bacteria in blood?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by mh285
How is it osmosis? Its antibiotics damaging the cell wall of a bacteria in blood?

yeah cos water can enter from a dilute sol to a conc sol. if the cell wall was still intact it wouldn't be able to go through cos its not permeable i think but a cell membrane is defo permeable so allows the water to enter
Reply 864
Original post by Cupcake12345!
It was sorry

cant remember if i wrote willow or willow bark but would i get the mark for just writing willow?
Reply 865
Original post by Ayshlei
Why???

I hope you wrote about much ado about nothing
Original post by Ayshlei
yh i talked about water moving out of the cell by osmosis but apparently its about there being carbon dioxide in the solution

If the density of water became even lower then the leafs would have to be even lighter to float, so that makes no sense.

90% sure, after researching on the Internet, that it's to do with the oxygen lowering the density of the leaf itself.
Reply 867
Original post by TheBestOfAll
So excited for the exam!

You're a *******
Reply 868
Original post by JQ2neeky
? wdym

i meant liek i cant believe the exam was tomorrow
Reply 869
Original post by NoobyBlockington
If the density of water became even lower then the leafs would have to be even lighter to float, so that makes no sense.

90% sure, after researching on the Internet, that it's to do with the oxygen lowering the density of the leaf itself.

YES
Original post by pinaplee
i wrote that too but everyone is saying stuff ab structure and photosynthesis, but i'm pretty sure it included toxicity in the table so im sure its relevant
it was not toxicity it was mass of chemical A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending