The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier [9th June 2023]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone know the answer to the chromosome question? I put 46 to begin with and 23 at the end.
Reply 41
I got around 1.57
It said at day 2 so the gradient of tangent (that i got) was 0.8/1.7. I just divided 0.8/1.7 by 0.3 to get ~1.57. How did u do it?
Reply 42
Hi guys, i said that mendel created ovaries? is that correct cos i thought if your mum has ovaries and you have ovaries then its inherited then it must mean that mendel created it cos its an inherited unit?
Reply 43
Original post by ACGAMES123
What did you get for how many nucleotides

Original post by Eidoj

Same i put down 12 nucleotides.
Reply 45
What did you get for how many nucleotidee

I got 6
Reply 46
I got 12
Original post by Aakzz
I got 6

I felt like nucleotides are all the stuff like sugar, base and phosphate
Reply 48
Original post by user3101006
how did everyone find it?

Hard some subject we had not done at school
I got 12

i got 4 idek how
Reply 50
I got 7
I put 12 nucleotide
I subbed my answers that i remembered and got 1.6 for tangent q but for some reason in my hwas i think i wrote 2.1
Follicle q i got 7? Do u think u need to show working for that q
Original post by elliekeieiieke
i got 4 idek how

What were you counting?
Reply 53
The answer was 7
Reply 54
Original post by Aakzz
I got around 1.57
It said at day 2 so the gradient of tangent (that i got) was 0.8/1.7. I just divided 0.8/1.7 by 0.3 to get ~1.57. How did u do it?

I just realised i had to do 0.3/(0.8/1.7), not (0.8/1.7)/0.3. Im so dumb
Reply 55
Wasn't it 23 at start and 46 at end
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 56
What did everyone get for the last question about how evolution is evident by fossil records and better understanding of genetics
Reply 57
last question 6 marker what did you lot put
Original post by Aakzz
What did everyone get for the last question about how evolution is evident by fossil records and better understanding of genetics

I waffled i talked about mendel, genetic engineer, fossils show bone density and bone shape relations, human genome.project shows related dna with amcestors, i talkrd aboit studying fossils to see dna relations and study genes of animals to see evolotionary pathways and branches
Original post by Aakzz

It was so weird I said casting shows evidence of past life and we can evaluate their characteristics and stuff and compare to life today to prove evolution occurred and then natural selection like how organisms with certain characteristics able to survive an environment are more likely to pass it down and keeps happening until eventually all organisms have that trait
Idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending