The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by robert6668
i thought it said ''each lung contains 280 million alveoli, SA for every 1 million alveoli is 0.25 m^2. What is total SA of alveoli in human body?" Isn't the answer 280 x 2 (2lungs) x 0.25 = 140 m^2? Since it's asking for the SA in human body which means both lungs

(please correct me if im wrong)

yes brother u are wrong
Reply 21
Original post by robert6668
oh really? i thought it said 280 million for 1 lung and asked for SA in human body?

dw bro 280 times 0.25 is 70 so u did get it wrong but its only two marks
what did you guys put for how can humans increase the cod population?
Original post by Frizzle16523

I wrote to add quotas, decrease fish consumption, conservation schemes including fish farming for cod
Reply 24

Dawg I was clueless I said "fish cod less to allow time for population to regrow" and that was it

i said put cods in fish farms and fish for alternatives to cod but i honestly wasn't that sure
Reply 26

Idk abt that question it was confusing
I talked abt the implementation of fish farms
And then also conservation schemes such as captive breeding programs
I found that a lil bit confusing
There was another question on the cod being decreased in number and it affecting penguins and something else what did u guys write?
Reply 27
what did everyone put for the question on the second page that was like “which part of the stream has a higher biodiversity?” I think the answer was the middle one because of equal levels of nitrates and oxygen but I put E because it had the highest level of oxygen so more organisms could respire :/
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Xxxx123
what did everyone put for the question on the second page that was like “which part of the stream has a higher biodiversity?” I think the answer was the middle one because of equal levels of nitrates and oxygen but I put E because it had the highest level of oxygen so more organisms could respire :/

Yes I put the middle one
Reply 29
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess.
Reply 30
What did everyone get for the question where it asked why the athlete breathed more heavily??
Reply 31
What did everyone get for why there was no oxygen in the red blood cells or a diabetic ?
Reply 32
what did you guys get for the question where you had to make a practical to investigate light intensity as a limiting factor??
Reply 33
what did u guys get for the microscope question ??
Reply 34
Original post by njee
what did u guys get for the microscope question ??

4 × 10^-2????
Reply 35
Original post by njee
what did you guys get for the question where you had to make a practical to investigate light intensity as a limiting factor??

Was it not temperature???
Reply 36
Original post by Xxxx123

Idk but I did E bc it means that organisms in the stream such as plants can grow - leads to formation of habitats as other animals gain food and shelter etc. But once again unsure
Reply 37
Original post by njee
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess

Original post by njee
What did everyone get for the question where it asked why the athlete breathed more heavily??

To allow for more oxygen and glucose to muscles for increased respiration-more energy for the athlete to keep moving
Idk
Reply 38
Original post by ZS678
To allow for more oxygen and glucose to muscles for increased respiration-more energy for the athlete to keep moving
Idk

What did u guys get for that question where it asked why the penguin numbers decreased bc of cod dying
(Original post by ZS678)4 × 10^-2????

omg I put that first but changed it to 1.067 x 10-1 coz I measured the thing but it was 16 mm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending