The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Foundation tier Maths Paper 3 3F (1MA1) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Foundation tier Paper 3 exam go?

Edexcel GCSE foundation tier Maths 3F (1MA1) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 14th June 2023, am
Length: 1hr 30 mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/mathematics-2015.html
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/gcse-maths/edexcel-paper-3/
https://corbettmaths.com/
https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?sid=-10
2023 GCSE exam thread directory
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can someone list the topics that might come up in Paper 3
How did it go today guys?

Foundation Maths

Reply 3
I felt it was slightly harder than paper 2 but easier than paper 1. There were a number of questions that were written in a way to catch people out, just hope I read them all properly 😬
Reply 4
Found this to be the hardest paper of all 3. Here’s hoping I’ve done enough to pass.

What did people get for the hcf, lcm and the volcano questions?
Reply 5
The volcano question - I can't remember the values but I x 60 the flow to per minute, then x 60 to per hour, then x 24 to per day and divided the total lava by the 24 hour value

The HCF I put 147
LCM I put 3 but I know that's wrong, just had a brain fade
Reply 6
Harder!
I also multiplied for the volcano.
Reply 7
I think I got 64 days! Out of the 3 papers I’d say paper 1 was slightly harder than the other 2. Not much between the calculator papers tbh.
Reply 8
What did everyone get for the transformation question? I put rotated around the vector (0 0) but forgot to put a direction 🤦🏻*♂️
Reply 9
Original post by Mcmc0908
What did everyone get for the transformation question? I put rotated around the vector (0 0) but forgot to put a direction 🤦🏻*♂️

Rotation anticlockwise 90 degrees 0,0
Reply 10

I put rotation around point origin (0) 90 degrees clockwise.
The volcano question - I can't remember the values but I x 60 the flow to per minute, then x 60 to per hour, then x 24 to per day and divided the total lava by the 24 hour value

The HCF I put 147
LCM I put 3 but I know that's wrong, just had a brain fade

the hcf was 63 because u only multiply the middle numbers from the circle and the lcm was 15876 because u multiply all the numbers together
Reply 12
I felt it was slightly harder than paper 2 but easier than paper 1. There were a number of questions that were written in a way to catch people out, just hope I read them all properly 😬

I totally agree
Reply 13
Was really good, didn't get an answer for the volcano one, but got 2.5 per cent for interest rate one which teacher said is right 👍
Reply 14

At the time vectors went right out of my head so I put something along the lines of shape a moved x cm along y axis and -y cm along x axis with a rotation of 90⁰ Anticlockwise
Reply 15
Original post by ck3006
Was really good, didn't get an answer for the volcano one, but got 2.5 per cent for interest rate one which teacher said is right 👍

I got 2.5% too :congrats:
Reply 16

Wdym it was the easiest then paper 2 then paper 1 was the hardest
Reply 17
Original post by tie55555
Wdym it was the easiest then paper 2 then paper 1 was the hardest

Nah, paper 2 was easiest for me
Reply 18
Nah, paper 2 was easiest for me

Paper 2 was easier for me, then paper 1 and 3 I found tricky. It seemed to go from really easy to difficult
What did everyone get for the box and bag question ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending