The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ZS678
Was it not temperature???

yes that’s what i mean sorry
Original post by njee
What did everyone get for the question where it asked why the athlete breathed more heavily??

muscles needed more oxygen for respiration so they could contract so the person breathed to supply that oxygen
Original post by Frizzle16523
what did you guys put for how can humans increase the cod population?

im acc dumb. i put decrease population of seals and increase the population of shrimp.
Original post by ZS678
What did u guys get for that question where it asked why the penguin numbers decreased bc of cod dying

i literally wrote the seals would get hungrier and eat more squid and penguins
Original post by njee
What did everyone get for why there was no oxygen in the red blood cells or a diabetic ?

do you mean why the water moved out of the red blood cells when glucose went past 15? if so I had no idea so I just put that the blood was too concentrated with glucose so water moved out of cells to make the blood more dilute by osmoregulation.
Original post by robert6668
oh really? i thought it said 280 million for 1 lung and asked for SA in human body?

no it just said in a single lung
Reply 46
Original post by njee
What did everyone get for the question where it asked why the athlete breathed more heavily??

i got because of the lack of oxygen the athelete struggles to respire and begins to respire anaerobicaly
Reply 47
Original post by njee
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess.

i was gonna write that but i wrote that for the earlier question so i thought it wouldnt make sense for both
Original post by alz_xyz
i got because of the lack of oxygen the athelete struggles to respire and begins to respire anaerobicaly

oh I just said that the muscles are respiring faster and so more oxygen is needed so the athlete is breathing more to take in more oxygen
Original post by njee
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess.

bro i put that and then crossed it out. i thought animals didn't produce lactic acid during anaerobic respiration, I thought they made ethanol and co2 only so I was like the h+ ions in ethanol dissociate in the btb solution making it more acidic😭
Reply 50
Original post by njee
what did you guys get for the question where you had to make a practical to investigate light intensity as a limiting factor??

i got keep light a fixed distance but heat the thing in the water bath at a range of solutions the temperature with the lowest bubbles shows its the limiting factor or something
me

Original post by alz_xyz
i was gonna write that but i wrote that for the earlier question so i thought it wouldnt make sense for both

omg me too i was like somethings not right here🤔
Reply 52
(Original post by njee)What did everyone get for why there was no oxygen in the red blood cells or a diabetic ?

i said the glucose was too much in the blood stream and so the redblood cells had to store it in there????
Original post by alz_xyz
i got keep light a fixed distance but heat the thing in the water bath at a range of solutions the temperature with the lowest bubbles shows its the limiting factor or something

bro i said maximise all the other things like put the lamp close at a fixed distance, increase carbon dioxide increase temp then use cold water with the other things still maxed out and the rate would fall dramatically
Reply 54
Original post by alz_xyz

Original post by yusufahmer2007
oh I just said that the muscles are respiring faster and so more oxygen is needed so the athlete is breathing more to take in more oxygen

yeah i said that although i didn’t explicitly mention muscles, i just said he needed to intake more energy to keep up with the running and take in more oxygen to aerobically respire
Reply 55
yeah i think i said that but i think i messed up and said that when the bubbles decrease for the distance from light that’s when the temp is limiting the reaction my answer was such a mess

Original post by alz_xyz
Reply 56
Original post by khollkholl344
bro i said maximise all the other things like put the lamp close at a fixed distance, increase carbon dioxide increase temp then use cold water with the other things still maxed out and the rate would fall dramatically

i defo got it wrong anyway lmfaooo i think i maybe got 2 marks out of 3 cos it didnt make sense
Reply 57
What did people put for count the days of the menstrual cycle because I put 25 but I heard someone say the question only asked for half the cycle
Original post by AaronCook
What did people put for count the days of the menstrual cycle because I put 25 but I heard someone say the question only asked for half the cycle

crap i thought it said menstruation i put 6
Reply 59
Original post by khollkholl344
bro i put that and then crossed it out. i thought animals didn't produce lactic acid during anaerobic respiration, I thought they made ethanol and co2 only so I was like the h+ ions in ethanol dissociate in the btb solution making it more acidic😭

yeah i’m still so confused i know that animals don’t produce lactic acid but couldn’t think of anything else.. hopefully i didn’t loose any marks and it was weird as i noticed that was very similar to my answer for the previous question
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending