The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by khollkholl344
crap i thought it said menstruation i put 6

i put that too then crossed it out and put 5 what did u guys get for the pregnant woman hormones thing
Original post by njee
yeah i’m still so confused i know that animals don’t produce lactic acid but couldn’t think of anything else.. hopefully i didn’t loose any marks and it was weird as i noticed that was very similar to my answer for the previous question

yeah i knew lactic acid was not made my plants but i had to write something, hopefully it won’t effect my grade too much… it was weird as that answer was so similar to my answer for the previous question and u had a feeling something i had written was wrong

yeah i feel u. i was literally staring at it until the last 5 minutes hoping something would pop into my head. but nothing. so I wrote some random answer. hopefully we get like 1 mark for participating
Reply 62
Original post by alz_xyz
i put that too then crossed it out and put 5 what did u guys get for the pregnant woman hormones thing

i said the opposite of the answer, i can’t believe i’ve lost 4 marks, i’m pretty sure the answer is FSH and LH stops and there’s a surplus of oestrogen and progesterone
Reply 63
Original post by AaronCook
What did people put for count the days of the menstrual cycle because I put 25 but I heard someone say the question only asked for half the cycle

not sure if it's asking for the menstruation period as i remember it specifically asks for the 'first' menstruation
Reply 64
Original post by alz_xyz

For the list two hormones I put oestrogen stimulates LH for ovulation

I messed up the pregnancy one because I put oestrogen levels would be low because the uterus lining was already thickened
Original post by alz_xyz

i put that progesterone is highest coz when you're preggo the placenta releases progesterone. low fsh and lh since progesterone inhibits their release. and I didn't know what to say about oestrogen so I just put that its low as well coz the uterus lining was already built up and since lh isn't needed, oestrogen isn't needed either. dunno I felt on the right track about progesterone fsh and lh but my answer fell off at oestrogen
For the list two hormones I put oestrogen stimulates LH for ovulation

I messed up the pregnancy one because I put oestrogen levels would be low because the uterus lining was already thickened

bro is the oestrogen thing wrong
Reply 67
bro is the oestrogen thing wrong

I think so because oestrogen is still being produced to inhibit FSH production
Reply 68
guys i said that there would be high levels of FSH and LH and low levels of oestrogen and progesterone and they won’t inhibit LH and FSH do we think i would get any marks at all??
I think so because oestrogen is still being produced to inhibit FSH production

damnit man and i just looked on google and it says oestrogen is essential for healthy baby growth
Reply 70
i put that progesterone is highest coz when you're preggo the placenta releases progesterone. low fsh and lh since progesterone inhibits their release. and I didn't know what to say about oestrogen so I just put that its low as well coz the uterus lining was already built up and since lh isn't needed, oestrogen isn't needed either. dunno I felt on the right track about progesterone fsh and lh but my answer fell off at oestrogen

i said the same that egg production and ovulation is stopped while progesterone and oestrogen is high cos oestrogen needs to maintain the lining of the uterus and progesterone does the same but like in other words
Reply 71
Original post by alz_xyz
(Original post by njee)What did everyone get for why there was no oxygen in the red blood cells or a diabetic ?

i said the glucose was too much in the blood stream and so the redblood cells had to store it in there????

I said that bc the red blood cells are too big but the haemoglobin molecules are small, they will pass thru the glomerulus - so end up in urine
Once again lol idk properly but thats what i wrote so
Original post by njee
guys i said that there would be high levels of FSH and LH and low levels of oestrogen and progesterone and they won’t inhibit LH and FSH do we think i would get any marks at all??

i dont think so thats complete opposite to the answer
Reply 73
damnit man and i just looked on google and it says oestrogen is essential for healthy baby growth

You’ll probably still get 3 marks if you correctly say the other hormones since it was a 4 mark question
Original post by ZS678
I said that bc the red blood cells are too big but the haemoglobin molecules are small, they will pass thru the glomerulus - so end up in urine
Once again lol idk properly but thats what i wrote so

You’ll probably still get 3 marks if you correctly say the other hormones since it was a 4 mark question

i hope so thank you
Reply 75
how much did you guys wrote for the carbon cycle 6 marker, i feel like i said enough but didn’t use all of the space available
Reply 76
Original post by njee
how much did you guys wrote for the carbon cycle 6 marker, i feel like i said enough but didn’t use all of the space available

Yh same tbh the osmoregulation question I literally used allllll the space
Reply 77
Original post by njee

I only wrote half a page but I mentioned every process for the carbon so I’m hoping I get the 6 marks
Reply 78
(Original post by AaronCook)I only wrote half a page but I mentioned every process for the carbon so I’m hoping I get the 6 marks

what did u guys say for the abiotic factors for that i had no clue
and also what did u guys say for the narrow capillaries carrying only one red blood cell
Reply 79
Original post by alz_xyz
(Original post by AaronCook)I only wrote half a page but I mentioned every process for the carbon so I’m hoping I get the 6 marks

what did u guys say for the abiotic factors for that i had no clue
and also what did u guys say for the narrow capillaries carrying only one red blood cell

For aerobic I said doesn’t need oxygen and produces lactic acid

For the only one red blood cell I mentioned a higher concentration gradient for diffusion so more oxygen is diffused
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending