The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier [9th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by njee
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess.

I thought lactic acid is not a product of anaerobic respiration in plants but ethanol is? Idk either though I just put because Tube A was in the dark so no photosynthesis occurred, just respiration so over time CO2 concentration increased which is acidic hence tube A was acidic but idk.
Reply 101
Original post by Frizzle16523
I put E due to highest oxygen concentration. I didn't see anything about nitrates..?

the nitrates were from the fertiliser in the water stream but I’ve seen a lot of people say they put E so I honestly don’t know which is right, hope it’s E
Reply 102
nitrates from fertiliser arent good for biodiversity cause they cause eutrophication so i reckon the answer is e
Reply 103
I thought lactic acid is not a product of anaerobic respiration in plants but ethanol is? Idk either though I just put because Tube A was in the dark so no photosynthesis occurred, just respiration so over time CO2 concentration increased which is acidic hence tube A was acidic but idk.

yh i put that asw that shld be right

that's what i said too
Original post by Rishi001
I said it is less likely they might group together or move side by side so a greater surface of each RBC will be exposed to the alveolus wall so will increase rate of diffusion of oxygen in and carbon dioxide out would that be right ???

That is most likely the right answer
Reply 106
Original post by goodsaaxvg
u werent supposed to put it in standard form

i swear they said to put it in standard form
Reply 107
Original post by njee
i said the opposite of the answer, i can’t believe i’ve lost 4 marks, i’m pretty sure the answer is FSH and LH stops and there’s a surplus of oestrogen and progesterone

yeah cuz its to only produce one egg hence why fsh and lh is inhibited
Reply 108
Original post by njee
What did you guys get for the question on why tube A was acidic, I said that because it was in the dark, it couldn’t go through with photosynthesis and therefore there was no oxygen produced and had to use anaerobic respiration which produced lactic acid but it was just a guess.

It was acidic bcs the persons breath has co2 and co2 dissolves in water to make it more acidic
Reply 109
aaahh i just clocked i was getting mixed up with another question the 3 marker one

Original post by goodsaaxvg
u werent supposed to put it in standard form
Original post by PR4-943
nitrates from fertiliser arent good for biodiversity cause they cause eutrophication so i reckon the answer is e

isn’t it good tho because you get like sludge worms and stuff too from eutrophication so you get more species
Original post by fredykruger
isn’t it good tho because you get like sludge worms and stuff too from eutrophication so you get more species

but I think excess nitrates cause too much algae to form on the surface so aquatic plants die so the oxygen in the river decreases (due to no photosynthesis) and most other aquatic life needs oxygen to survive (except for sludge worms)
Reply 112
Original post by fredykruger

nah but sludge worms dont rly survive in clean waters cause theres too much competition so the pop wld be less/0 although there wld be more species overall at e
I'm a year 10 student. Can anyone tell me any questions that were on animal coordination or the plant structure for combined science on paper 2?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 114
Original post by fatimagailani
I'm a year 10 student. Can anyone tell me any questions that were on animal coordination or the plant structure for combined science on paper 2?

no point in cheating on your mocks lad
Original post by rishiansm0001
I wrote to add quotas, decrease fish consumption, conservation schemes including fish farming for cod

what grade did u get
Reply 116
please help😭 my science teacher is absolutely **** and my mocks are in exactly one month and it’s all paper 2 but he hasn’t taught us a single paper 2 topic yet. apparently it MIGHT be the 2023 paper.
can anyone help me out a bit w some questions or tell me some stuff that came up??
Original post by HK78
please help😭 my science teacher is absolutely **** and my mocks are in exactly one month and it’s all paper 2 but he hasn’t taught us a single paper 2 topic yet. apparently it MIGHT be the 2023 paper.
can anyone help me out a bit w some questions or tell me some stuff that came up??

same boat
Original post by aaanisah
i also got that obvisouly put in standard form

what were the 2 six markers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending